50th Page: Stasis

Castle Town, Kikka
Magic Knights HQ

The sun shone brightly over the town of Kikka, calm winds acting as a lull to many of the citizens within the rowdy town. The weather was just perfect as well, quite warm but windy enough to form a refreshing breeze. Combined together, the town of Kikka seemed like the perfect haven of peace and tranquility.

Such as one old man, who sat within the Medical Ward of the Magic Knight's Headquarters. The Headquarters was positioned in Kikka for ease-of-access to the Castle, and thereby the protection of the King of Clover, the primary duty of all Magic Knights Squadrons.

The man had grayish-blue hair, various wrinkles on his face as he sat beside a bed, a certain sleeping lion, the fallen Captain of the Crimson Lion Kings, his glasses slowly trailing off of his face as he looked down, before he adjusted them once more, fixing their position. His white coat hung over his arms, swaying lightly with the winds.

With a small sigh, the man glanced over at Fuegoleon, seeing the Crimson Captain sleeping peacefully under the white sheets, almost as if he had not ever lost his arm in duty.

It was a tranquil day in the Medical Ward, and the old man almost found himself lulled to sleep by the refreshing winds entering through the open window.

It was peaceful-

"AHHHHHH!"

Scratch that. They're here.

"Oh? It sounds like a rowdy bunch has arrived." The old man chuckled, almost in a whisper as to not disturb the resting Captain, before turning towards the door, silently walking out into the Main Room of the ward to meet the newcomers.

"My head! It's going to break!"

"Are you just not satisfied unless you're fighting something? Huh? Is that what's wrong with you?" Yami scowled at Asta, dragging him by the head as (Y/N) walked beside the two.

"Can you blame him? Fighting is fun." (Y/N) shrugged, placing his hands behind his head.

"My body is moving on its own?!"

"Do I need to forcefully carry you as well?" Yami turned his dark glare to (Y/N), who only looked forward, not daring to look at his Captain at that moment, drops of sweat dropping down his face like a waterfall.

"Nope. Nah-ah. No need. My legs work just fine." (Y/N) denied, Yami seeming to breathe out a threatening stream of smoke, the sweat running down (Y/N)'s face only speeding up in horror.

"Captain Yami, I can't! Please!"

"Tch. Well, whatever. You both already fought anyway. We'll just have this guy look you both over to make sure." Yami then turned a corner, still carrying a complaining Asta in his grasp as (Y/N) followed.

Turning the corner, the group found themselves in a spacious room, a single table with two chairs placed before it, an old man sitting on one of them. The room had two windows behind the man, the primary source of the evening lights within the room. (Windows which, if you ask me, are actually positioned to look at BRICKS and ONLY BRICKS. But hey, I'm not an architect.)

"Hey, Yami. Come on in." The old man waved slowly, the group fully entering the spacious room, Asta's complaints ceasing at the sight of the old man.