The deal

I sat down at the table waiting patently for Zack to finish cooking, the room just kept smelling better and better and my mouth began to water. "How much longer?" I whined. "Not much longer princess," he responded. Princess? That was new, but not a name that was unwelcome. You kind of liked it. So you sat there patiently waiting for the food to be done.

*Zacks POV*

Had I just called her Princess? What was I thinking? The longer I stayed around her the weirder I felt. I had seen the life come back to her eyes last night, but I had pretended not to notice. Part of me knew the reason. I didn't want to kill her. That was something I had only felt about one other person, Rachel. This time I planed on keeping that wish. Luckily this time I didn't make promises of death. I sat there silently cooking, I wanted to surprise her with one of my favorite dish's growing up. French toast. It wasn't something I had eaten often, it was something my dad had showed me how to make before he died. I somehow still remembered the recipe, and was grateful to have someone to eat it with. I set the toast onto two plates, grabbed the maple sirup and carried it over to the table with me. "Breakfast is served," I said sliding the plate in front of her. Her face lit up seeing the food in front of her. I sat across from her but didn't dare to move as she put a price into her mouth. Did I make it right? "Mhhmmmmmm, this is amazing!" She said her mouth still full of food. I cheered on the inside, "I'm glad you like it" I say. "No seriously, you have to show me the recipe!" She said now having swallowed her first bite and cutting up a second piece to shove in her mouth. I smiled, it felt good. This feeling was knew. I hadn't been praised since I was..... how long had it been. Oh ya it had been since my dad passed. My smile dropped. "Are you ok?" I heard her ask. I snapped my head up from where I had been staring at my plate. "Your not eating." She said "I'm fine," I lied. "No your not!" She said sternly, it shocked me to where I had jumped a little. "Sorry for yelling," she said, looking apologetic, "I just can't stand lies." There was something we had in common. "I have to work today," she said, "I can't stay here," "that's fine," I responded. I didn't know why but I trust her to not go running to the cops the second she got the chance. Maybe it's because she said she hated lies. "Is there anything you wanted me to buy while I am in town," she asked surprising me once again. "No, I don't think so anyway," "you know now that I think about it I'll just bring you with me you need knew clothing anyway, after work I'll pick you up. However we will need to change your appearance that way nobody recognizes you. Have you always worn those bandages?" "Ya" "ok then I guess problem solved, if your wound isn't too bad we will just take that off and it should do the trick." His eyes widened, "not happening!" "Why" his bandages were a comfort to him at this point, they also reminded him to never trust anyone. "Because", I answered. She sighed, "well I don't know if any other options unless you have a better idea that's all I can think of." I considered it. I needed to learn to adapt to life in this new world, maybe there was some habits I should let go of. I sighed, "fine, but if I get one dirty look from one person, I will come for you." She rolled her eyes and giggled, "fine with me, she responded. She left out the door to her work and I was left to do, well, who knows. All I knew was that I was not looking forward to later.