Chapter 6: Costumes, Slow Bike and an Emo guy... FML! ~ Part 2

We were at the mall within 20 minutes.
"You drive so slow!" I complained as the two of us got out of his truck.
"Some of us aren't drag racers, Kate," Caleb retorted, making me roll my eyes. "What kinda costume are you looking for?" he asked as we scanned the stores.
"Something sexy but not slutty," I said.
"Figures," he muttered as we walked into H&M. Let the hunt begin. Both Caleb and I grabbed a lot of costumes and headed off to the changing rooms. Caleb took a seat on the standard tan couch by the rooms as I went into one.

        The first costume was the standard sexy nurse. No bra for this one. After taking that off, I pulled on the white miniskirt and the white crop top with your typical red cross. I gave myself a once over and got out of the booth. After a little catwalk for Caleb, I gave him a Well? look.

          "I'm going to be brutally honest. You look like that nurse that got kicked out of the hospital because she was caught sleeping with all the staff... at the same time," he said with a chuckle. Oh my God! I looked like a wh*re! My feet carried me back to the changing room as Caleb laughed at my reaction.

            And on it went. I'd put on a costume, give Caleb a mini fashion show, receive his judgement on the costume, and hear him laughed as I hurried back into the changing room. Soon I was at the last costume. I walked out and gave him the usual catwalk.

"Seriously Kate? Sexy bunny?" Caleb said, suppressing his laughter. I groaned and threw myself on the couch next to him as he laughed.

“What the f*ck am I going to wear?!” I whined, putting my head in my hands.

“Wait,” Caleb said before getting up and going to look for a costume. In record time, he was back, holding a white dress. “Try that,” he said ushering me into the changing room. With a sigh, I took off the ridiculous bunny costume. I pulled on the dress. It was kind of halter necked, two white pieces of material crossing over my front ending in a gold belt like thing which had to be tied behind my back. The top part was such that it left my smooth waist bare, and another belt, this one studded with red stones, right under my breast, left my back nearly bare. The lower portion of the dress was flowing and slit on both sides half an inch away from my waist line. Caleb had picked a good costume. Taking a deep breath, I walked out to show him. He stood up, his mouth dropping open.

“Well? How do I look?” I asked, fidgeting with my hands.

“Like a greek goddess,” Caleb said, his eyes taking my appearance in as he stared in awe.
After I changed back to my clothes, we went to the shoe section and picked out a modern version of greek sandals with heels. The counter was nearly empty, so it took us less than 5 minutes to get the billing done.

“What next, your majesty?” Caleb asked, a teasing tone in his voice. My eyes rolled to heaven and back. I handed him my shopping bag and said, “Hold that. I’ll send a quick text to Ryan telling him to pick up Kyla and bring her home cause my bike is out of commission. Then we'll go accessorize.” He mock saluted and took my bags as I whipped out my phone.

Me: Hey, Ryan! You need to bring Kyla home cause my bike broke down. Don't worry about me, I'm with a friend. He’ll take me home.

A second later I received a reply.

Ryan: I’m going to assume said friend is Caleb. He is your handyman, after all. Don't worry, I'll get her :) Stay safe ;)

I scoffed at that last bit. I was not going to have sex with Caleb now. It was unhealthy for us both. Ryan was going to get smacked in the head when I saw him later.