Chapter 22

The sun shone on my face, waking me up. The girls had stayed over because it had been so long since we had a girl's night. The boys went to Blake's place. We were sleeping like hogs, the TV still running, and my room was filled with popcorn and ice cream boxes. In short, my room was a total mess.

I got up to get ready, choosing a simple checked shirt and jeans. By the time I was ready, the girls were up.

"We only have 30 minutes, get ready soon," I informed them. They all rushed towards my closet to borrow my clothes.

"Seriously, girl, you got a boyfriend with these clothes?" Emma looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You desperately need a closet makeover," Jessie stated.

Closet makeover? Is that even a word? I shrugged at them. It's not their fault because I only have hoodies, shirts, and jeans. I don't like wearing dresses.

They got ready quickly because they didn't have to spend time choosing their outfits or putting on makeup—things they couldn't find in my room. We went downstairs.

"Here, you girls might be hungry," Martha offered us sandwiches.

"You are a lifesaver," Ella exclaimed, hugging her. Drama queen.

"Thanks," I added, hugging Martha before leaving. I grabbed my car keys since they didn't have their cars. The boys were already waiting for us in two cars.

I took my car since we didn't have enough space for everyone. I handed my keys to Parker and went to Blake's car.

Noah and Matt rode with us, while the rest split up into the other car. Blake greeted me with a hug as soon as I was seated. The two idiots in the back were mimicking us, but one stern look from Blake silenced them. I took the sandwich that Martha gave me. When I was about to take my first bite, all three of them were looking at me, or more accurately, at my sandwich.

"What? Why are you guys looking like that?" I questioned.

"Because we're hungry?" Matt said, but it sounded more like a question.

"Share it with me," Noah pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

"No, I'm your boyfriend. Share it with me," Blake interrupted, asserting his claim.

The three of them soon started bickering about with whom I should share. In that time, I ate my sandwich in peace.

"You ate it?" Matt asked. I shrugged.

And again, they started whining. "Stop your drama, girls," I said. They began sulking.

"Fine. I'll buy you all ice cream," I said, immediately lighting up their faces.

"Pinky promise?" Noah extended his pinky.

"What are you? Two?" I teased but extended my pinky.

These guys are weird. But they are my weird.

"Stop," Noah said a few blocks from school. He and Matt got out, and Raymond and Parker were waiting there.

"Come on, babydoll," Noah opened my car door.

"Where?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"We are angry at Blake. You both broke up. Cassandra kissing. Does that ring any bells?" Matt explained. They took my words about pulling this stunt at school seriously.

"You took this seriously?" I asked them.

"Nah, we want to see how the school would react if you both broke up. Plus, it will be fun seeing Cassandra torturing Blake," Raymond said, making Blake gag.

"Yes," I agreed with that thought.

"Seriously, you want to see your boyfriend with that girl?" Blake asked with a sad face.

"All the best with that," Noah said, and I gave Blake a quick peck on the lips.

Blake arrived alone after we reached. As soon as he stepped out, Cassandra attached herself to him. Most of the girls were happy, while some gave me dirty looks. News in this school spreads like wildfire. Smh.

We were at my locker, and Blake and Cassandra came inside like king and queen. She detached herself from him when she saw me.

"He will always be mine," she said in a cold voice, but it sounded more like a plastic Barbie sounding angry. I was trying to control my laugh. The act they were putting on was almost comical. Blake seemed to be enjoying this whole show.

She then went and attached herself again to him, kissing his cheek while looking at me. Despite feeling a twinge of hurt, it was entertaining to see Blake struggling. Before leaving, he mouthed, 'I love you. Please help.' As soon as they left, we burst out laughing. We went to our respective classes, and Blake kept texting me. We promised to meet at the library during lunch.

When lunchtime arrived, we were waiting at the library for Blake. He came after some time.

"That girl is like a leech," Blake whined, and everyone laughed.

"This is so much fun," the boys high-fived.

"Can we please cut this now?" Blake pleaded.

"No, we will continue this for at least a day," Ella said, sounding strict.

After that, we left for the cafeteria, and Blake followed us. The entire hallway was filled with posters. Everyone was looking at them, some were even taking pictures. What was going on?

We went closer to get a better look at the posters. My face was on them with bold letters that read, "MURDERER, The girl who killed her own sister." As soon as those words registered in my brain, anger boiled inside me. I knew who did this.

"There you are, baby. Look, she's a murderer," Cassandra taunted as she approached Blake.

"What the hell is this?" Blake asked, anger dripping in his words.

Unlike all the times before, I wasn't going to run this time. I was going to face it.

"Why?" I went near her and asked calmly. Blake came and hugged me.

"I was raised never to hit a girl. That's why I'm leaving you; otherwise, you'd be dead by now. Clear this mess and never show your face," Blake said with so much venom. Even I was scared looking at him. Everyone was murmuring.

"Leave, everyone," Noah shouted.

"We're skipping school." With that, Matt pulled us out of school.

We went to our usual ice cream spot. They kept asking me if I was okay, if I wanted to cry.

"Guys, I'm perfectly fine. I'm over it now," I assured them.

"No matter what, we will always be there for each other. It's a promise," Noah said with so much sincerity and extended his pinky. We all made a pinky promise to be there for each other.

Blake kissed my forehead, giving his famous charming smile. This is all I ever need. They are all I ever need.