Hop The Fence

The Phoenix pack, with Aphmau:

Aphmau crept onto the roof and looked around.
God, I hate heights. She thought. Her legs shook with fear as she leaned down into a crouch, trying not to fall and make noise.

She looked around making sure there were no guards to catch her and alert Balto. She looked over to the front entrance of the camp, only to have her spirit crushed by the 4 guards at the gate. Okay, so that's a no go.

The woman crawled around the roof to look for another way to escape the territory. After looking around, she made note of the 2 options she had. Option 1: Jump off of the roof, probably breaking multiple bones and alerting the gaurds, or Option 2: take whatever strength she had left and jump onto, then over the fence.

Obviously theres only one way to go, and either way I can get seriously hurt. The fence is about 3 meters thick, so I have a chance of properly landing and from there... well, I'll figure out what to do once I get there.

She made her way over to the edge of the roof, slowly inching towards the fence.
She finally took a deep breath and jumped, closing her eyes and bracing herself for impact.

Aphmau opened her eyes after a moment and just laid down on the wall, happy that she wasn't hurt. Now I have to run...I need to get up-...her vision blurred and she knocked out.

——————————————————-

The Falconclaw pack, with Aaron:

"Her heartbeat is slow...I think shes alseep now...I wonder if she was okay." He mumbled mindlessly to himself.

Aaron had woken up about two hours after going back to his room and falling asleep. Grabbing the fruit by the foots from under his bed, he unraveled one and began to nom on it.

———————————————————

The Phoenix pack, with Aphmau:

She woke up with a bird on her chest and 3 stray chipmunks laying around her. What the fuck- why are you guys laying on me? Aren't you supposed to be scared? She laid dumbfounded for a second, then realized where she was. She didn't have even a moment to think before she heard Balto yell for the pack. She watched as they gathered in the middle of town. Aphmau peaked out over the wall and listened to what he was saying.

"HAS ANYONE SEEN APHMAU?!" Balto yelled, causing the she-wolf and everyone else in the pack to cover their ears. Everyone shook their heads no, until his beta Ein raised his hand.

"WHERE IS SHE EIN? SPIT IT OUT."
Ein looked to Aphmau on the wall and unknowingly pointed her out.

"Isn't that her over there Alpha?"
This was the end. Balto would have the pack catch Aphmau and then she would be killed. She had barely begun to experience life before her fate became clear. She was ready to give up right there until she made eye contact with Balto. You could see Balto boiling with anger, there was practically smoke coming out of his ears. She could suddenly feel the years of pain and sorrow surface, running from her legs, to her torso, to her head. She was filled with the adrenaline she needed, to free herself.

"GET HER!" Balto shrieked, pointing at me. Everyone looked at Aphmau's, and after a moment of silence, they started bolting in her direction. The bird and 2 of the 3 chipmunks had retreated, however, the third chipmunk had latched onto the werewolf's hair, sitting on her shoulder. She slung her bag onto the other shoulders and hopped off of the fence, almost severely injuring her ankles. She could hear the members of her pack running throughout the camp, trying to get to the exits so they could bring her back.

She had been running for about 30 minutes, staying quick on her feet. While she didn't fight, her superhuman agility was nothing to frown upon. She was still upset with her progress. Damn it! DAMN IT ALL TO HELL! I should've covered my tracks and scent! They can find me easily if they catch up!

Her mind was running about a million miles per hour, so was her heart. For some reason, the odd chipmunk kept her pace, following right behind her as she ran.

Aphmau's endurance could only take her so far.

"Hey little buddy! Why are you still following me? Shouldn't you have gone off with your other friends?" He only responded with a squeak. "Do ya wanna stay with me little buddy?" Aphmau jokingly asked, as if he could understand her. He scooted closer to her, making his statement clear "Er...Okay, I don't actually know how to take care of chipmunks, but if you wanna hang around, fine." She took the commotion coming from The Phoenix pack territory as a cue to start running again.

And that's when she realized that she had crossed territories.

———————————————————

The Falconclaw pack, with Aaron:

Garroth, Katelyn, and Aaron had gotten up for first patrol. Like every morning, they grabbed a couple snacks and headed out of the pack house, leaving the inner part of the pack house. Something felt different.

Aaron stopped in his tracks, causing Garroth and Katelyn to do the same, only with them, they we're suddenly on high alert. They shared looks of confusion as Aarom closed his eyes, trying to concentrate.

"Aaron, what's going on?" Katelyn asked, concern laced in the tone of her voice.

"Aaron?-" The leader held up his hand to shut them up and listened to his luna's heartbeat.

"Holy...shit..." He whispered, just loud enough for Garroth to hear.

"Aaron, are you okay?" Garroth said, walking over to his distracted friend and poking his shoulder.

"Her heartbeat...she's so close to us...I-" Katelyn cut into the conversation.

"Do you guys hear that?" In the distance, they could hear the screaming and shouting of a mob coming from the direction of the Pheonix pack's territory.

"What in the seven hells is going on..."Garroth muttered, shooting his head in different directions to see where people were coming from.

Then a girl came bolting past the trio, a backpack slung loosely over her arm. A chipmunk came scampering behind her. Time seemed to go in slow motion as she ran past Aaron and into a clearing close by. That's her. That's my luna.

-—————-—————————————-

How was that? What are our thoughts?

Anywho, I have another question! What should she name her chipmunk companion? He's a boy if that helps <3

Thank you for reading!

Mangle away!