𝐞 𝐥 𝐞 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧 : 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙡𝙮

"When it comes to a downfall in a relationship, I can't bare the thought of not being able to be held in his arms each night, as no matter how mad we are at each other, I'm used to his touch like seeing the back of my hand." 

"Come on now love, breathe." Zari cooed with a warm smile, as he made me sit on his lap while we were on a bench near a frozen pond.

"NO I CANN-"

"Yes you can. Breathe with me, in and out." He instructed like a teacher, as he made me sync our breathes together slowly, while he hand rested on my chest to calm my fast heartbeat.

"You're doing great, keep going. Nothing will happen to you." He whispered into my ear, as he softly kissed my cheek while I closed my eyes to restrain my wild nerves, and my hands stopped shaking gradually.

"That's it." He smiled proudly as my lips stopped quivering and my anxiety was numbing slowly.

"P-Please remind me to never go there again." I whimpered while wiping my tears to sustain the awful memories of being attacks by a storm of crawling worms up and down my body, almost sucking the life out of my skin at a young age.

"You are afraid of worms?" He asked cautiously with a worried expression, and I nodded my head vigorously.

"I'm not afraid, I'm terrified. Worms are bad, really really bad, super mean, super disgusting, I hate them." I basically sounded like a baby complaining about their toy about now.

"It's okay love, everyone has their fears. But they will never hurt you."

Images started spraying my memory of how I had to bath for two hours to get rid of the slimy and dirt covered worms when I was a kid, how half of my hair was ruined and how I had marks all over my body because of it.

Whenever I would go to sleep after that incident, I could've sworn a new worm was crawling behind my back, making it almost impossible for me rest.

I was able to suppress my fear for many years, and to think being afraid of worms is not necessary as they are harmless.

Please, they were not just some worms, sometimes I would I even ingested one or two because of the massive amount.

I could never forgive me father for brining the wrong bags of confetti to the house, I actually thought I had a permanent set of worms inside my body.

Probably an amount of 200 worms were thrown at me for it to be mistaken as confetti and flowers, but no no, I was scarred for life after that.

Since then, I made an oath to never celebrate my birthday. It became the most horrible day of my life. Every year I would be reminded about the times of bandages and medicine for my marks, and how their crawling flesh would touch my skin.

It was so awful.

Elliot would always make sure that wherever I would go, there won't be any worms in sight. I would cry for hours if I saw even at least one of those demons.

He came home that day with the actual bags of flowers and of confetti, and ever since then he would be my pillow to cry on.

And after that day, he and nana were the only ones who acted like family to me. I couldn't thank them enough for all the deeds they have done, from bathing me for continuous hours, to tucking me to sleep every night.

I won't lie, some kids even tried to scare me with worms in the streets, and I would probably faint from the impact, which would cause them to be severely lectured by my brother.