38. Her Realisation

Enjoy Reading, because I will be busy tomorrow (:

Brace yourself and don't forget to comment on your favourite part (;

-----------------------------------------------

Zara was working mechanically. She washed herself and scratched her wrists to the point that they were turned red and started to bleed. She was supposed to feel pain but she didn't. Because the only emotion that she was feeling right now was fear, of unknown and a wide spectrum of possibilities of everything that could have gone wrong.

Kabir was her saviour today and if he didn't arrive on time then something worse could have happened. She sat on her bed staring into oblivion when she heard a knock and looked up to see him standing on the door frame.

"Sunshine, are you alright?" He asked and Zara felt as if she could breathe easily.

"I'm fine." She said in a low voice.

"You do know that he can't touch you ever again." He said and kneeled in front of her observing her hands as if knowing that they are wounded.

Zara just nodded, realising that as long as he is with here, she is safe. What happens after he leaves is a different story.

"Where is the first aid?" He asked and she pointed on the bed side. He took out the ointment and gently applied it on her wrist.

Don't make it impossible for me to fall out in love with you Kabir. I'm just a simple girl. Zara thought looking at his wordless care and concern.

"Now listen to me carefully. Do not cry for that man ever again. He doesn't deserve a minute of your time. He does not deserve to be called a man if he thinks he could overpower a woman on the basis of physical strength. So do not shed a tear for him, okay?" He explained and the words finally started registering in her brain.

He sat near her and started speaking.

"Now I can assure you that there won't be a next time by him. But men like him all around. So, if God forbids the situation comes again then you are not just supposed to stand there and cry.

Crying is weakness and men like him feed on it. It won't solve any problem. It will just make you look weak in front of them.

So, if you feel even a bit uncomfortable, just kick him hard between his knees and it will give you enough time to run away.

Never keep your phone switched off. Always keep your GPS on. And keep me on your speed dial. You feel as much as one per cent of insecurity around someone, you are calling me.

And we will work on you learning some basic defence techniques. It's important in today's time. Are you understanding me?" Kabir asked.

Bir was right. She can't let someone take advantage of her like that. She needed to be strong enough to protect herself in any situation. Crying won't solve anything.

"Now are you feeling good? I would like to see a smile, Sunshine." He asked smiling gently and Zara finally smiled.

She thanked God for saving her and sending Kabir on time. She was safe with him.

"Thanks Bir. Thank you so much for coming here and saving me. And thanks a lot for those words." She said.

"Now that you are well, we could start packing." Kabir said whistling coolly and Zara got confused.

"Packing for what?" Zara asked.

"Packing your stuff. You are moving in with me."

Kabir casually dropped the bomb and Zara's eyes widened in shock at his words.