CHAPTER VIII

I'm just tryin' to hate you like I love you

Not want you like I need you

SAPPHIRE

I kept trying different ways to get out after that. The door wont budge. The window was too high to jump through. Even the toilet windows didn't work. I was so frustrated, I almost pondered upon somehow punching a door through the wall and jumping through it, but without my magic, that would have been suicide.

The rusty grandfather clock in the room told me it was 10:30 in the night. The room had nothing except, a few jugs of water. But this girl needed a double cheeseburger right now. I was so hungry, I could have eaten a horse all by myself. And that was just a comparison, I don't eat horses.

I waited for another half an hour in harmony.

"Are you up?" I finally heard a female voice call from the other side of the door.

I couldn't quiet place who she was, but I had heard her...

I didn't reply. I just folded my legs and wrapped my arms around them, curling up in a small ball.

I heard knocking on the door.

Again I didn't answer.

"I am gonna unlock the door and come in. I thought you might be feeling lonely..."

"Why don't you just fuck off because my arms are aching to tear apart some wolf throats." I couldn't control myself on that one. What does she mean 'lonely'? I am feeling the worst I have ever felt and she says lonely? Are you kidding me? And a wolf's company, why would I even dream of such a thing. I had always hated them after what happened to my cult, but I had never hated them this much before.

"You know, what we are doing is for your own good." she said.

"And how exactly is depriving me of all my powers and imprisoning in a room, good for me?"

"Its the mate bond, you wont understand it until you feel it." I could literally feel her smirk.

"Good. Then I never wanna feel it!"

"You can't prevent it from happening, Sapphire."

"I don't want to even see his face, much less mate with that oaf!" I yelled back.

"That's it. I am coming in."

I heard the jingling of keys for sometime. The door clicked open to reveal Juliette and a boy I didn't know. He would have been about 15 or 16. Surprisingly, I could control myself from punching their asses out.

"This is Markus. He's the only wizard we have." Juliette said.

My body almost shook with rage. "Traitor." I spat at him.

The guy flinched, his face went devoid of any colour.

"Chill, dude. The kid is already scared enough of you." Juliette said trying to calm me down.

I huffed.

"Tell me, boy. You decide to side with these... wolves, instead of helping someone of your own kind! You are a disgrace. You have power. A person of your age being able to do suppression charms, that's impressive. But where are you using your power?" I goaded him.

Now he was visibly trembling with fear. Almost trying to hide before Juliette. I rolled my eyes at his reactions. I wouldn't have hesitated to punch his light out, but he sort of reminded me of my own brother.

"Okay enough!" Juliette intervened.

I slumped back against the pillow.

"You have invited the end of your pack by capturing me, wolf. My brother, who is a seer, may have already sensed this. They might even be prepping for war at this very moment." I warned.