SEVENTEEN

The next day, Jeongguk wakes up with a throbbing head and a running nose. He slowly opens his eyes and sits up, leaning himself on the headboard of his bed.

Even though Jeongguk showered immediately after coming home yesterday, he managed to get sick.

A look at the clock shows him that Taehyung's already headed to work. Much to his surprise, Chansol hasn't woken him up yet.

Usually, the young boy would wake up earlier but today, it's like he senses that Jeongguk's sick and sleep longer because of it.

Nevertheless Jeongguk knows that he has to get up sooner or later to start with the housework, although he's not sure how he should do that in his state.

But his biggest concern is Chansol. Not only that his illness makes it hard to care for him, there's also the possibility that the baby gets sick.

And that's something Jeongguk wants to avoid at all cost. So he does what he thinks is the best solution: asking Jimin.

He sends him a message if he could come over and help him out with Chansol. Jeongguk feels a bit bad about disturbing Jimin like that but what else could he do?

Dasom told him yesterday that she and her husband aren't home today. And Chansol knows Jimin and likes him, so it's probably the best solution.

As the kind person Jimin is, he immediately says yes and makes himself on the way.

Jeongguk decides to look after Chansol in the meantime. The boy's lying in his bed already awake, eyes looking around in his bedroom.

As Jeongguk arrives at the crib, the boy's eyes look up at him. "You're already awake hm? And you didn't wake Ggukie up? You're an angel, honey.", Jeongguk speaks as he caresses the baby's cheek.

He lifts Chansol out of the crib and takes him downstairs to feed him. Right on cue, the bell sounds.

Jeongguk opens the door for Jimin who's smiling widely at him. "Good morning Jeongguk!"

"Morning. I'm really sorry that you had to come over but I don't want to risk that he gets sick. I rather carry him as less as possible." Jeongguk gives Jimin apologetic look but the other only waves it off.

"God Jeongguk, don't be sorry! Everybody gets sick and you don't have to be sorry for it. Besides, it's been a long time since I've seen this little angel and it's no problem for me to help you out a bit."

Jeongguk smiles at Jimin's words. "Thank you so much."

They both enter the kitchen, Chansol now in Jimin's arms. Jeongguk starts to prepare the baby's milk.

Jimin starts feeding the baby and then looks up at Jeongguk. "You should take a bath. Tae surely has a bath for colds. Go relax a bit, I got this. I'm a master at changing diapers now, remember?"

Jeongguk chuckles at the memory. But Jimin's right a bath would be good. "Okay. And if there's a problem or question, feel free to ask me, alright?", Jeongguk says.

"Yup, and now shoo.", Jimin speaks as he nods his head in direction of the bathroom. Jeongguk chuckles again, hurrying out of the kitchen.

He goes into the bathroom and prepares a bath for himself. As Jimin has predicted, Taehyung owns a bath for colds. Jeongguk uses this one.

It probably has a strong scent but due to his full nose, Jeongguk nearly smells nothing. He only reeks a light herbs smell from time to time.

Jeongguk relaxes in the warm water, closing his eyes for a bit.

To soon for his liking, the fifteen minutes one should stay in the bad are over. So he has to get up what is a rather difficult task when you feel like your head's about to explode.

And Taehyung, how did he manage not to get sick? The man even gave Jeongguk his jacket and ran around without one but he didn't catch a cold.

But it's always been like that, even as a child, where there was a chance to get sick, Jeongguk was the first one to take it.

After a few more minutes, the man's dressed up. He leaves the bathroom only to hear noises coming from the living room. Jimin talking in a baby voice and Chansol's giggling is heard.

As he reaches the living room, he sees them both on the couch, Chansol obviously having lots of fun.

"Ah you're back.", Jimin says, looking over to Jeongguk who sits down on the couch, "He finished his bottle, then he burped, I changed his diaper and dressed him. Everything right, sir?"

Jeongguk nods with a smile, "Yes, thank you so much."

Jimin returns his smile. "No problem, really.", he reassures the younger, "don't worry."

"So how's it going with Taehyung?", Jimin asks carefully, looking at Jeongguk with an unsure expression.

"It's better, really. We had an argument, but he apologized and since then, we get along well. He still doesn't smile much, but I don't have the feeling that he hates me anymore.", Jeongguk explains honestly.

"He never hated you.", Jimin answers in a soft voice, "It was just too much for him."

"What about Chansol? Any progress?", he adds.

"Sadly no.", Jeongguk answers, looking at the little boy, "But I'm sure that we'll get there. With a lot of time and patience."

Jimin smiles at that, "Yeah, I believe that too. I trust you with that. You're a great person and believe me, you help him more than you think you do."

Jungkook looks at the older gratefully, "Thank you. This really means a lot. I have to say that I really like it to work here. Doesn't even feel like work. I've grown so fond of Chansol. And Taehyung is a nice company too."

Jeongguk bites his lip. Taehyung. The man manages to make his heart beat faster and he makes Jeongguk feel safe.

He hasn't felt like that for a long time. And now as he does, he's sure that he doesn't have any chances - at least not yet. He can't expect the older to like him back when he's just lost the love of his life.

Jeongguk knows that and he accepts it. Even though his heart yearns for Taehyung.

just a filler chapter. i hope it was not too boring. but the next one's gonna be more interesting, i promise 😊

and thank you so much for the reads and votes! i really appreciate it!! 💜💜