Chapter 23: Kerwin Is Caught

Oswald looked for a doctor and learned about Vanessa's illness..

.. An almost impossible cured carcinoma.

Coupled with the fact that Vanessa was injured at that time, the greatest possibility was that Vanessa had been rescued, but had lost her life.

But who was it that took Vanessa away?Oswald could not find any clue.The surveillance in the basement was closed on the day of Vanessa's accident.

It didn't take much thought to know that this was Elvira's doing.

Oswald spent a year in a daze.

He recalled the last Spring Festival, when he was still sitting with Vanessa for a reunion dinner.

Nostalgic and jealous.

Finally, late at night, Oswald was immersed in a sweet dream with Vanessa.

…The surrounding Chinese communities were already boiling. Although Vanessa was alone in the medical center, she was still warmly treated by her roommates.

Everyone had come to test the medicine, and their lifespans were running out.There were some people showing kindness to others.Naturally, there were also people who didn't like Vanessa.

Vanessa thanked them for accompanying her, but she was surprised to receive a blessing from Kerwin.

Kerwin was spending the Spring Festival with the two elders at his parents' house.

"Vanessa, happy New Year!"Kerwin's voice was slightly distorted through the phone, but the smile and blessings on his face were sincere.

Vanessa also had a smile on her face."I originally wanted to accompany you, but my parents are getting old …" Kerwin was a little apologetic and his voice was much deeper.

He explained to Vanessa why he didn't go in time.He swallowed the second half of the sentence into his stomach.

Oswald had never been able to relax his investigation. If he flew to Vanessa's side, Oswald would definitely notice such an abnormal movement.

"It doesn't matter. I'm fine here by myself." Vanessa could clearly sense the improvement in her body.At least the number of outbreaks has decreased a lot.

Although the medicine provided by Dr. John did have strong side effects, the benefits were considerable.In contrast, nausea and hair loss, as well as edema, were less of a problem.

The sound of firecrackers rang out, and the dark chapter was about to be flipped through.

Everyone was about to usher in a new year.

Kerwin quietly slipped out of his house on the first day of the New Year and took advantage of the lack of attention around him to get on the bus.

In order to prevent Oswald from finding his tracks, Kerwin didn't even dare to take the subway or drive out.

He arrived carefully at the airport, Kerwin joined a group of medical teams.

The medical team went abroad to study, and Kerwin was not on the list.

Through his mentor's connections, he forcefully got on the plane without any proof of identity, and there was no Kerwin on the entire list.

As he anxiously waited for the plane to take off, Kerwin lowered his cap and covered most of his face.

"Kerwin, wake up!"The senior fellow apprentice of the same group woke up the sleepy Kerwin.

"Senior fellow apprentice, what's wrong?" Kerwin was still a little confused, "Are we going to take off?"

"Just now, the airport notified us that the weather is bad. It's going to rain heavily and the plane will be suspended. I'm afraid everyone will have to rest for the whole night before leaving tomorrow."

Kerwin stayed up late to celebrate the New Year's Eve yesterday, and today he was very tired, and followed his senior fellow apprentice outside with his head lowered.

However, he accidentally bumped into a person, and his hat was tilted, revealing his face.

"Kerwin?"

The deep voice was magnetic and mixed with shock.

Kerwin was confused and felt that the voice sounded familiar.He raised his head and was shocked.

Oswald!

Kerwin was stunned for a moment before a pale smile appeared on his face.

"Mr. Simon, I'm sorry to bump into you." Kerwin quickly came up with a reasonable excuse, "Today, my senior fellow apprentice is going abroad. I came to see him off. I didn't expect to bump into you."

Oswald nodded, striding forward toward the terminal without looking sideways, letting Kerwin breathe a sigh of relief.

As the two of them brushed past each other, a smile suddenly appeared on Oswald's face.

Kevin finally exposed his flaw.

His behavior just now convinced Oswald that he must know Vanessa's whereabouts.

After a night, Kerwin successfully arrived in the United States on a medical team plane.

He then took a taxi to the medical centre.

A low—key black sedan quietly followed behind him without a trace.

.....

"Vanessa, how are you feeling lately?"Kerwin entered the ward after disinfection. He looked at Vanessa who was lying on the bed and wearing a knitted hat, and his heart ached.

"Why aren't you at home with your parents?" Vanessa was a little surprised. She wanted to get up, but she lay back on the bed powerlessly, "I am sorry."
"You are so polite." Kerwin hurriedly stepped forward to massage Vanessa's swollen feet.

Outside the medical center, Oswald was in front of the door, communicating with the nurse.

"Sir, you are only allowed to enter by appointment. Anyone who has nothing to do with it, please leave quickly."

The nurse had a polite smile on her face, blocking Oswald from entering.