✨Chapter 18✨

Jungkook stumbled on his feet as the nauseous feeling started arising within him. He was heartbroken. He felt like someone had ripped his heart apart.

His heart clenched when he looked at the divorce papers which he held firmly. A sad chuckle left his mouth as he realised you won't be called Mrs Jeon after tonight.

His hand trembled as he started signing the papers one by one. His sobs echoed through the whole house, he experienced yet another heartbreak but this one left him scarred deeper than ever.

Time skips

Jungkook sat on the couch, his head resting on the palm of his hands. Tears uncontrollably rolled down his cheeks as the scene flashed before his eyes over and over again. He was just waiting for you to arrive, and then everything will come to an end.

The door bell rang bringing Jungkook out of his thoughts. It was you.

"Hi-" Your eyes widened as soon as you saw Jungkook's miserable state.
His face completely red, tears stained on his cheeks, messed up hair. Miserable was an understatement, he was wretched.

"Omg Jungkook! What happened to you?!?!" You rushed towards him and held his arm but he yanked it away from your grip.
"DON'T TOUCH ME!!" Jungkook screamed and handed you some papers.
"Sign this and end this right away!!"

You looked at the papers and examined it carefully. Your eyes widened in shock when you realised what it was.

"D-divorce p-papers?" You looked at him with teary eyes. You felt weak and immediately dropped on the floor. Your eyes met his but it held no emotion, only pain visible in his eyes.

"Why? Why Jungkook why?!" You cried out but it didn't affect Jungkook a bit.

"Don't you think I should be the one asking you this Y/N?!" He said while harshly wiping his tears.

"What a-are you s-saying?" You choked on your tears.
"Don't try to act oblivious Y/N, it's better for b-both o-of us" His voice cracked.

You still didn't know anything that was happening. What is he talking about? Why does he suddenly want a divorce? Why is he crying?

Several questions were roaming inside your head and Jungkook wasn't helping you at all.

"Y/N please sign the papers and end this relationship. I-i don't w-wanna come in between y-you and your l-love" A tear slipped down from his eye as those words escaped his mouth.

"What are you talking about Jungkook? YOU are my love!" You couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears rolled down your cheeks as you clutched the divorce papers in your hand.

"Stop playing with my feelings Y/N! I saw you with Taehyung in the park. I saw how Taehyung proposed you and you gladly accepted him. I-i won't force you Y/N. At this point I have accepted that love is not meant for me. Don't worry, I don't need your pity. Just go back to h-him." Jungkook looked away to hide his weak self from you.

And then you connected the dots.

***