→CHAPTER ELEVEN

—

AFTER GETTING CHECKED UP AT SOME LOCAL CLINIC, Riku and her friends headed back to their hotel while being accompanied by their homeroom teacher, Koro-sensei.

Now, everyone from the group got changed into matching comfy green robes with sky-blue colored yukatas underneath as they all gathered in the arcade part of the hotel.

"Woah! I don't even understand how you dodge those attacks!" Sugino said in awe as he, Nagisa, Kayano, and Okuda gathered around Kanzaki as she played on an arcade console, setting a new high score plus a special bonus of 5, 146, 600 points. 

Kanzaki smiled in slight embarrassment as her fingers continued to press the buttons at a fast pace, she wasn't even looking at the controls. "This is quite embarrassing." The raven-haired beauty muttered.

Sugino held up both of his fists, his respect for his crush was rising beyond his expectations. "You look so innocent, yet your skills are so admirable."

"You're so cool! This is surprising indeed!" Okuda said with her quiet voice, her violet orbs focused on the screen as they shone enthusiastically. "Who would expect Yukiko to be this good at arcade games?"

A faint blush could be spotted on Kanzaki's pale cheeks. "I decided to keep quiet about it. Even if I'm good at it, talking about it only annoys other people." Kanzaki took over her own high score as she continued to play. "Maybe I'm too conscious about what others might think. My sense of fashion, hobbies, and position were all created when I chose to escape or when I just go with the flow. I always second-guess myself."

"So after hearing Koro-sensei's words," Kanzaki smile grew a bit brighter. "I learned that what's important is to stay positive and move forward. To enjoy the now while doing so."

Kanzaki giggled, her brown eyes turning to the figure sitting a few seats apart from the group. "Plus..." Kanzaki trailed off, "I think Riku is also having the time of her life."

At the girl's words, everyone turned their attention away from the raven to the lavender-head who indeed, seemed like to have the time of her life as she played King Kong, for the first time. Although keeping the cold quiet exterior like she always did, her groupmates now knew her well enough to spot the fire that ignited in her eyes as she played.

They could even see the fire-y aura that surrounded Riku, her fingers moving at sonic speed as she pressed multiple buttons as fast as Koro-sensei's Mach speed. The group sweat-dropped before shaking their heads in slight amusement, turning back to Kanzaki's game.

The game has shown no significant patterns like the other arcade games so far, Riku silently thought to herself as she pushed the green button, making her game character jump above the incoming red barrel. But then again, most modern games today don't have one.