18

THIRD POV

A story from 9 years ago,

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Are you alright?" the soft voice of the unfamiliar boy with black hair and black eyes made the girl who has violet hair and eyes lift her head, confused. "You can have this." he handed her his bread with a warm smile while looking at her.

She, who lived long on the streets couldn't be more grateful that someone gave her food.

"Is it delicious?" he asked to the 7 years old girl that is pale and skinny as she eat her food carefully.

". . . Yes." the girl nodded her head with a small smile plastered on her face.

"My name is Gaul. Do you have a name?"

". . . I think. . . It's Viola."

"That's a pretty name." Gaul smiled friendly at her as he sit beside her while looking at the sky above them.

"The sky is really pretty."

". . ."

"Sky is one of the best things that can be seen by everyone, no matter what is their status."

". . . sky?"

"It's above us. That blue sky." Gaul pointed above as Viola lift her head towards the direction where he's pointing at. "It's beautiful, right?" Gaul smiled warmly at her that is focusing her gaze towards the clear blue sky.

". . . pretty. . ."

By that time, they become closer with each other and always have their backs with on each other.

Until unexpected person joined in their little group.

-

"Glenn, you're not going to be punished? I mean, for meeting us like this?"

Glenn look at them with wide eyes while eating the bread he brought that he almost choke on it. "Don't worry Gaul. I erase all of their memories about me."

"Your magic is kind of dangerous. What if they never remember you back?"

"Don't worry about it. I can recover their memories in a blink of an eye." Glenn stated proudly as Viola and Gaul shared a worried look.

". . . If you say so."

"What's with that statement!" Glenn pouted as he turned his head towards Viola.

"Vio, he's hurting me!"

". . . I don't really understand which part of his words that made him hurt you. In addition, I think Gaul is right."

"You're so cold!"

"I'm not."

"Listen Viola, I'm going to marry you in the future and be a great Emperor!"