Chapter Seventeen

Exactly 35 days in the Black shadow pack and i already feel at home. Everyone in the pack was nicer and more welcoming than any other pack This pack is a safe ground for rogues.

Although Luke accepted the rogues, he always carried out background checks in order to avoid bad situations. There had been a few criminal rogues who had tried to deceive him but they never got away with it. Once it was confirmed the rogue was a criminal, he was punished severely.

Also, although rogues are allowed to join the pack, they were usually given 4months probation were they are monitored. The accepted rogues must prove that they are true to the back and they will not put the pack in any form of danger.

In my case, Luke selfishly have me a pass even before the 4month mark. I wasn't even aware until Caleb gossiped about it to me.

The heart melted into a puddle; at the thought that Luke valued me so much and trusted me to this extent.

When I went to talk to him about it,, he told me how all rogues were rejected until the loss of Lucy, his mate. In memory of her, he decided to grant the innocent rogues a second chance.

I am so proud of Luke. Rather than let the death of his mate destroy him, he stood strong and decided to reach out a hand all for her sake.

I never get angry whenever he talks about her. Infact I don't particularly have the right to be angry because he was once hers before he was mine.

On the other hand of my life, working as a pack doctor allowed me to make a lot of friends. My all time best friend still remains Kate. She still wasn't back from her maternity leave so we usually meet up whenever I'm free from work. I love babysitting Little Matthew whenever Kate and her mate were busy. The boy was a sweet and quiet baby.

I also became fast friends with Amanda, Adam's mate. She never encouraged me to talk to Elena unlike Adam. I like to think its because she knows i need time. She also probably knows I don't really hate Elena as much as i say i do but rather just irritated and dissapointed in her.

I steer clear of the rest of the Beta family especially Rachael, Adam's sister. I can't figure out if she hates me because of her aunt or because of the big crush she has on Luke.

Right now I am in my room with Amanda and Kate dressing up for another date with Luke.

Luke and i decided not to announce our relationship to the whole pack yet. That doesn't stop everyone from suspecting we are together though.

Whenever we're asked questions, we always tell them its a secret, neither agreeing nor denying. The only ones who know we're really together are his parents, Adam, Amanda, Kate and Caleb.

His parents treat me like their own daughter while kicking him aside. His mother even threatened to cut off his dick if he ever hurts me. I couldn't stop laughing when he burst into tears after his parents became my parents.

"I'm done" Kate exclaimed bringing me out of my thoughts.

She spun my chair around to face the floor-length mirror and my eyes remain transfixed. I have never been a fan of make-up but right now i can admit i look so beautiful.

I look at Kate and Amanda through the mirror and see them both smiling at me.

"You look amazing Amy" Amanda said.

"I agree" Kate added "my hands are amazing but you face is just so perfect. I can't believe you never tried dolling yourself up"

I'm still speechless staring at myself as my eyes move between their smiling faces and my own face through the mirror. My hair was put a cute up-do by Amanda. My brown eyes popped as a result of the eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. My cheeks had some blush applied while a strawberry lip gloss was applied to my lips.

"Wow" i said finally.

They both burst into laughter at my lack of words.

"I bet Luke is going to having a heart attack when he sees you all dressed up like this" Kate jumped and squealed behind me like a little girl.

"You guys suck but i admit i do look amazing" i said to them turning left and right, trying to see every inch of my face.

I stood up from the chair and examined my outfit. The blue high waist jeans Amanda picked for me showcased my full butt. The white and blue off shoulder crop top matched perfectly with the pants. There was a silver choker on my neck.

Amanda handed me a pair of blue pumps and as I put them on Kate put my phone and some other stuff into a white purse before handing it to me.

"You're ready to go" Amanda said as she clapped her hands together.

"You better go look for your Alpha. I'm going to check on my baby." Kate walked towards the door as she talked. She had been here for over an hour and was already missing her baby.

"Good luck on your date Amy" Amanda waved at me before disappearing with Kate.

I stepped out of my room and walked towards the stairs. The smile on the face froze when I ran into the damn woman named Elena.

"Amelia" she said looking at me nervously. "You look lovely"

"I know" i replied, my face devoid of any happiness. I have no urge to talk to this woman but she's standing directly in front of me and i don't have the energy to push her away. Even if I push her, what would I do if she ended up falling. People might misunderstand and think I'm trying to bully her.

"Can i talk to you for the moment?"

"No" i was trying my best to hold back my wolf that was attempting to break free. Everytime I heard her voice all I felt like doing was giving her a good beating.

"Please Amelia i just....."

"I don't want to talk to you. Please leave me alone. We can stay in this pack together but please just leave me alone." I interrupted her before she can say anything.

"Please Amelia. I'm sorry" she tried to reach out towards me but I stepped back before she could actually touch me.

"I know you're sorry but please stay away from me. I don't like being around you." i growled before walking around her going down the stairs. My shoulder bumped into her but I didn't care. I walked down the stairs as quickly as I could.

"Where are you?" I mindlinked Luke once I got out of the pack house.

"I'm close to the pack house. I'll be right there" Luke quickly replied as if already expecting me.

Was i running late already?

"Are you okay?" He asked sounding worried

"Oh yeah why are you asking?"

"Your voice. It was obvious you were angry"

"I bumped into Elena."

"Oh"

Five minutes later, Luke parked his car and walked up to me.

"Amy" he said almost breathlessly when he reached where i was standing.

"How i do look?" I asked, spinning for him to see.

"You look amazing. I almost didn't recognize you" he gave me a kiss on cheek.

"You look good too"

Luke was wearing brown khaki pants paired with a light blue shirt. It was a simple dressing but Luke manages to make everything he wears more amazing. His hair was combed back, adding more class to his already perfect look.

"Where are we going today?"

"I told you it's a secret" he pulled out blindfold "when we get there, you'll see" he tied the blindfold around my eyes.

"is it very far?"

"It's just behind the pack house" Luke took my hand and began leading me towards our destination.