Chapter 14

They arrived at the said coordinates the next day.

The dark oak forest, filled to the brim with people, training with their swords and chatting to one another about the plan. 

The players there seemed so relaxed, relishing in the little time they had left together before the big fight, yet still taking their time to organize their items as they waited for the other players.

People all from different bases, most of which George had never seen before besides the famous names he knew from the real world.

Their group looked over them from a hill. No one had noticed their arrival yet, until a tall man with wavy hair looked to the side and waved towards them. 

Players started taking notice of George and company, but were all taken aback by their expressions. 

Expressions so filled with fear. 

Wilbur frowned at the sight, as Dream walked towards him, the atmosphere tense and anticipated as players adverted their eyes towards them. 

"What's going on?" He asked, with seemingly the whole world listening into their conversation. 

Whispers filled the air as Dream pondered on how to say it, onlookers confused as to what could have caused such a fuss.

He took a deep breath as he faced them "We don't have as much time as we thought we had." Dream replied. "Our guess is that the hunters have a base around 5000 blocks away from here." 

Everyone seemed to be in horror at the new information gasps and murmurs filling the air. Wilbur let out a frustrated sigh, thinking carefully about what Dream had just said before shouting out a command. 

"Change of plans, we head to the fortress tomorrow!" 

And no one disagreed with him.

The original goal was to have everyone meet up in the forest. It was hundreds of thousands of blocks away from spawn so they had assumed they would have time to discuss strategy, and send some scouts in the fortress and quickly locate the spawners. 

The could perfect a strategy before having the rest of the players enter, and train and catch up with one another.

But they didn't have the time.

Because the hunters were right by them.

And they were a large group of players, easily seen from hundreds of blocks away. And if their location was given away before they entered the fortress, it was game over. 

A simple assassination at night would be enough to kill almost all of them. 

And now George was filled with worry, as the once calm atmosphere had morphed into one of complete and utter panic.

He sighed resting his head on one of the nearby rocks. He didn't get much sleep the night before, too anxious to rest his eyes. 

Because the prospect of death was too much for him to digest.

"George, you're here?" 

He jolted up, slightly surprised to see Wilbur ask, trying to hide his shock. 

George frowned. Wilbur shouldn't have known about his troubles getting in, seeing as though he logged into the server very early on. "What do you mean I'm here?"

"In the game." He clarified. "You're here?"

George awkwardly smiled. "Yeah, I am. Why?"

Wilbur looked away from him, as if stifling in a chuckle. "Nothing, I just didn't think you'd actually get in."