46 | the wolves of war

CHAPTER 46,

THE WOLVES OF WAR

"My friends. My pack."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

DEUCALION HAD FALLEN once and for all, his body being shot by the hunters bullets multiple times were the alpha of alphas then passed in front of the McCall pack. He wanted to witness most of the pack reunite as one again, Stiles having returned from his FBI training. Currently, they're all gathered around the blue jeep as a voice is heard on the radio installed into it.

"Blood and destruction. Dreadful objects don't familiar. All pity chocked with custom of fell deeds. Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge with Ate by his side come hot from hell. Shall in these confines with a monarchs voice." Gerard quotes. "Do you know the rest, Scott? Do you know your Shakespeare?"

"Cry, 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war." Derek replies for the boy.

"War indeed." Gerard replies. "Welcome back, Derek. You must all be feeling rather nostalgic. Are you pleased with the little family reunion I've gathered around you, Scott?"

"Yeah, well, why don't you come join us and I can thank you in person?" Scott suggests, sarcasm laced in his voice.

"I even have a few visitors for you from London. Even someone like Jackson Whittemore couldn't resist coming back into Beacon Hills." Gerard informs. "Say hello, Jackson."

The radio fills with loud cries of pain instead of a greeting from the cocky boy, Lydia reacting the worse to the sound due to how much she still cares for Jackson.

"Do it again, old man. Come a little closer. I'm gonna drive that thing so far up your ass!" Jackson threatens.

"Imagining Indi reacting to this." Malia whispers.

"She'd laugh." Derek replies.

"You can find him here with us at the armoury, Scott. In fact, I'm going to tell you where to find all of them." Gerard says. "The hellhound met some friends while responding to a call at Eichen House. Your father was on his way back from San Francisco with the goal of entering the fight, but he didn't get far. You might want to tell your dear mother to skip her shift at the hospital tonight. Your sister is there too with Liam and their friends."

"Crap." Scott mutters under his breath.

"This is how you wage war, Scott. A strategic positioning of your army against theirs which is why you will come to me. You will try to save as many as you can, and you might even save a few. But your limited resources will be spread thin. Ultimately, you will fail. The dogs of war, Scott. They're coming for you."  Gerard finishes.