Chapter 32

I was a bit nervous about going to school today after what happened last night. I was hoping the boys wouldn't start acting differently around me.

Xander and Xavier kept assuring me that it would be fine but I wasn't sure.

I was walking to the cafeteria when I saw Nate exiting a classroom.

When he saw me he smiled and made his was towards me.

"Hey Bri" he said and put his arm around my shoulder as we started walking.

"Hey" I said nervously.

He seemed to be acting normal, although I didn't miss the look of sadness in his eyes when he saw me.

Suddenly he stopped walking and tugged on my arm slightly to make me face him.

He looked around after the other students had left to make sure no one else was around, when he started talking.

"Listen about what Xander told us yesterday I... well I'm sorry" he said looking guilty leaving me confused.

"Sorry about what?" I questioned.

"About everything you've been through, there's nothing I can say or do to change any of that but I'm always gonna be here for you. Your not just my friend but I also see you as my little sister a-and-" he cut himself off when his voice broke.

I could see his eyes become glassy and he looked so heartbroken, it made me feel extremely guilty for putting him in this situation.

Nate is most definitely one of my best friends so seeing him like this because of me honestly makes me feel like such a shit friend.

I was caught off guard when he pulled me into a hug, but I wasted no time in hugging him back.

"I just hate the thought of you having to go through all that alone, you can always come to me for anything no matter what" he said and I felt my heart warm at his words.

I pulled back and smiled up at him.

"Thankyou" I said and he smiled back.

He gave me one last hug and kissed my head.

"Come on let's go get some food" he gently put his arm around me and we continued our walk to the cafeteria.

I was glad he wasn't treating me any differently than usual and I only hope the others won't either.

Xavier gave me a warm smile as I took a seat next to him and Ace.

"Hey baby sis, how were your classes" Xavier asked.

"Not that bad, yours?" I replied.

"They were fine but Xander was annoying me the entire lesson" he sighed.

I giggled slightly at this.

"How so?" I questioned.

"He wants me to come see some zombie movie with him tonight but I can't be bothered and now he won't stop begging me" he groaned.

"No your just too scared" Xander interrupted from opposite us obviously hearing our conversation.

"Wha- no I'm not" Xavier said rather defensively.

Xander smirked at his twin obviously seeing right through his lie.

"Well I guess we'll see tonight then won't we but if your too scared to come with me then I'll totally understand" Xander said cockily as he threw a grape in his mouth.

"Fine I'll come" Xavier grumbled and a look of victory made it's way onto Xanders face.

"And don't worry if it gets to scary I'll let you hold my hand" Xander said earning a glare from Xavier and a few chuckles from the rest of the boys who had stopped what they were doing to listen.