𝟖 - 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬

As the council session concluded I ran to catch up with master Yoda as he turned the corner to leave.

"master Yoda!"

he turned round to face me "oh, yes (y/n)?"

I didn't really know what to say, or what to do. I mean i'd just been told I was to become a jedi. Theres no handbook on how to react to news like this.

"so, umm...what now?"

he stroked his green, wrinkled chin "deployed in intense battle on kamino General skywalker and master Kenobi are...but you already know that, im sure"

yes, infact just yesterday I was sending out more troops to kamino to seize the cloning facility. feels already like a lifetime ago.

Yoda could see the slight look of guilt in my face but he carried on "the council has made the decision on your future, yes. But trust you yet, we do not. that must be earnt"

I nodded

"a room here in the jedi temple, you will be given but heavily guarded it will be. eyes on you at all times. when general Skywalker returns then evaluate your behaviour and decide whether you are ready to begin training, we will" then with that he twirled his small wooden cane to his left hand and hobbled off down the hallway

so this is what the rest of my life would be? being constantly watched and judged? having my whole future already planned out for me?

After all the Jedi had left I planned to go explore the place, if I was going to be living here for the rest of my life I might as well know my way around.

my exploring was interrupted by two troopers forming a barracde infront of me then each grabbing one of my arms

"woah! hey there no need to be so aggressive" their grip was so strong It felt like they could snap my arms off at any moment

"we've been ordered to take you to your room, the jedi may have suddenly changed their opinions of you but us troopers aren't so sure"

I furrowed my brows and threw my arms back freeing myself from their grip

"well thanks for your concern but I think I can walk perfectly fine, I don't need a human cage following me round everywhere I go" they looked at each other and said nothing, they didn't go back to grip my arms just stayed extremely close squashing my body in between them.

eventually we arrived at the room. As I pushed opened the door I was greeted with...nothing.

inside was a large square space with white walls, white floor panels, and a small black mat just big enough to fit one persons body, I was later told this was my bed...

the biggest luxury of this room were the large windows that curved and outstretched one side, looking over Coruscant.

(picture above)

for years now whenever I would stare out of a window I was always met with darkness, nothingness. But now as I gazed out onto the city I was met with bright lights and hundreds of vehicles zooming past my view, all in a hurry.

It was still night on the planet of Coruscant and I  must admit I was exhausted. I hadn't slept a wink for days now because whenever sleep overcame me, the nightmares would follow. the sights of count dookus head splitting from his body and his final words to me that hole in your black heart, will never be filled, you're all alone. I preferred not to think about that right now though.

after searching the room for anything else, I had only discovered a small bathroom with only the necessities inside.

the Jedi are really strict on no attachments or belongings then huh, I thought that was just a joke the droids back home had made up