𝟭𝟰. the terror within

CHANGE | CHAPTER FOURTEEN

    𝐓ossing and turning in her sleep was something new to the airbender

    𝐓ossing and turning in her sleep was something new to the airbender. Because in fact, she loved to sleep a little bit too much that she never found it hard to fall asleep if she didn't want to. However this time, her mind decided to not let her have the slumber she needed. Groaning through the pillow, Cloud grabbed her hair and pulled it as she turned to face the ceiling instead, and for the thousandth time, she tried to fall asleep.

    It wasn't that the guest house wasn't comfortable, but she had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. Cloud scoffed at herself, criticizing her mind for the unnecessary thoughts. She might as well be a Guru now, might as well become one of them.

    However, when she thought she was going crazy━she heard the brief sound of a roar and something whimpering from the room next to her. Cloud abruptly sat up from her bed, goosebumps rising all over her body as she listened intently to the silence. Her eyes were glued to the windows facing her. Her mind was whirring with possibilities, but when she saw familiar faces creeping outside the yard, Cloud jumped out of her bed with a perplexed look on her face.

    "Korra!" Cloud gasped, her eyes wide in fright as she took the attention of the group of criminals. Her expression hardened when the devil himself, Zaheer made eye contact with her before fastening their pace with an unconscious Korra with them. "Hold it right there!"

    Cloud didn't even care that she was still wearing pajamas as she bolted out of her room, snatching her staff by the door in the process, and immediately exiting the guest house. As soon as she got out, Cloud jabbed her staff in their direction, sending a furious funnel of air blast at them.

    Zaheer managed to intercept it, blasting it back towards her, although she quickly dissipated it as she twirled her staff around. Cloud looked slightly taken aback, realizing he had airbending, too. Then she shifted determinedly. He might have the same bending as her, but that didn't mean he was any better than her.

    Airbending required discipline, patience, and a lot of practice━and he didn't have all of those. Zaheer didn't deserve the power of airbending, therefore she had faith in herself that she could fight him even if she did not win. As long as she gets Korra back, that's what all that matters. Winning wasn't always the best thing.

     "Let her go!"

    The guest house's door burst open and ran out of it was Mako with Bolin behind him. The firebender sent a blast of fire at the gang while Bolin sent a boulder shortly after Mako's attack, but P'Li absorbed the fire, while Ming-Hua stopped the boulder with waterbending. She sent a line of water at the brothers, but Mako countered it with more firebending. P'Li and Zaheer attacked, which Mako and Bolin also avoided while Cloud tried to shield them so they could hide behind a pillar, breathing out heavily.

    "They've got Korra!" Mako yelled to the guards at the top towers. 

     Lights were shone onto the criminals, whose cover was now up. P'Li turned and blasted combustion at the guards who were operating the lights. She fired another blast, surprising the airbender but she quickly conjured an air shield but the impact still knocked her and the two brothers down, stopping right near Asami's door. The girl ran out to help them, fully awake now.