chapter fifteen

After ten hours later we finally arrived back home

"Oh god I miss my dog." I said opening the door. I spotted my dog on top of two men who are trying to get away.

"Appa get off me you clingy whore." Marcus yelps.

"Appa!" I squealed catching his attention. I kneeled on the ground hugging him when he tackled me. "Awee I missed you buddy."

"Is it possible to get jealous of a dog because he's attacking your girlfriend with kisses?" Sebastian asks coming in with all the bags.

"Girlfriend and boyfriend?" Marcus asks pointing between us.

We both nodded and he smiles widely. "Aweeeee." He squeals hugging onto Colton who looks at him like he's weird.

I don't blame him.

"Alright babe, the boys and I are gonna go to the warehouse to fix a minor problem." Sebastian tells me wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"Okay." I pout knowing that I was gonna be bored for the rest of the day.

"I do have something you could do."

"Anything please. I'm tired of reorganizing the kitchen." I told him causing him to chuckle.

"Yeah you might have to fix that. We kinda dig through it while we stayed here." Colton says nervously. "Sorry."

"Eh it takes me like ten minutes to organize it." Sebastian comes back with a list of contacts and items.

"You're gonna plan a halloween party." He smiles.

"Uh why?"

"Every year I like to host a little halloween party for the people who work for me. Well the younger and single ones. It gives them a chance to meet someone."

"Awe you are so sweet." I pinched his cheeks making them turn pink.

"Yeah, yeah." He swatted my hands away. "If you need anything, I'm a phone call away." He pecked my lips over and over again.

"I know. Have fun." I patted his butt.

After they left I sat in the kitchen calling a bunch of contacts. Some people were gonna come to bring over food and beverages and some were going to decorate. Even though I'm great at organizing I'm not the best when it comes to putting up decorations or anything like that.

Since today was Tuesday and Halloween was on Friday I decided to stop and just take a break from the planning.

I plan better when it's last minute.

Well sometimes it depends on the occasion.

~

"Hey baby, I'm home." Sebastian calls out.

"Hey how was it?" I said preparing him a meal....

....That I pulled out of the fridge because I can't cook. I've literally sliced my finger multiple times trying to cut the easiest things.

I'm accident prone. I'm not even sure how Ive baiting for this long.

"Well Marcus and Colton have to take a certain mate to one of our locations in Canada." He sighs sitting down on the stool.

"Why Canada?"

"Because he's Canadian."

"Oh makes sense." I sat next to him eating a popsicle.

"Hey can I ask you something?" He looks up at me chewing on his meatloaf.

"Yeah."

"If I asked you to stop baiting, would you do it?" He asked staring at me in the eye.

"Ummm I don't know actually. I never thought about it." I shrugged.

"Once we're married and everyone sees your face. You can't bait anymore. You know that right?"

"Yeah."

I have Sebastian as my boyfriend now and since my baiting technique is seduction I know it would bother him. Considering how possessive he is with me it wouldn't be the best.

I've been baiting since I was 14. My uncle forced me into it. He made me train for hours with Theo. Even though my uncle was abusive he only wanted the men who hurt women or who owed him money. He had a reason I guess.

It was the same with Sebastian. He went for those who owed him money or injured women, kids or broke apart families. I liked seeing these evil people get put in their place. I liked being able to help catch them. It gave me adrenaline.

"It just kind of bothers me. The seducing." He says being completely honest.

"I know but don't you wanna help put all these bad people away?" I threw the wooden stick from my popsicle into the garbage.

"Yes but I just don't want you to get hurt." He finishes up his food.

"I can handle myself." I gave him a small smile. He just nods not saying anything.

The rest of the time we were both silent. Not one of us tried uttering a word to each other.

Eventually he sighs and walks upstairs. I sooner followed but instead of going to his room that Ive been sleeping in for a month I went into mine. He needed space to process it and I understand that.

We just started a relationship and I didn't want any of this to end. I scrolled through my camera roll looking at pictures of my mom and brother again. I do this every night before going to sleep. It just helps me sleep faster.

"It should've been me, not them."

^*^
published: december 9th, 2020
how do you like the story so far? pls give me some feedback :)