Chapter 36: Fury and betrayal

"Stormrage." Even though Obi-Wan couldn't see my face, he felt the anger that had consumed me. He didn't know what I had seen, all that he saw was the blinding light that disappeared in almost an instant. He had been thrown back to the ground and when he opened his eyes I was standing there, in front of the tree, and the orb was gone.

"Lyanna?!" He stumbled as he tried to get back on his feet. "Are you all right?!"

Even though I heard his voice, I didn't exactly hear him. Or, I didn't listen. All I knew, all I felt was that same anger that burned wildly inside of me, that seemed to consume everything I had ever felt before. And it was all directed towards that one name.

Stormrage.

The person I had known to be my father all these years had lied to me. He cared for me as if I was his own child but at the same time it was him that had killed my real father, it was him that had tried to eliminate him so that he could take Valeria for himself. But he didn't just lie to me. He had rewritten history to his own liking, and so manipulated the entire kingdom into following him while it was him that killed their king. While it was him that had betrayed his own brother, his friend, his most loyal leader.

The very thought that I had once loved him disgusted me. I balled my fists, feeling the hot anger transforming into literal flames that burned with an intensity that was so much stronger than before. While past times it was just a small ball of fire around my wrists, now it crept up my whole body, and into my wings which lit up slowly. They stretched as they were engulfed in the flames and suddenly they weren't made of any fabric anymore, they were just this red-hot flaming substance that lit the entire room and burned the tree before me.

"No, Lyanna!" Obi-Wan noticed the transformation and knew all too well what it meant. He tried to shield his eyes from the heat, the rims of his clothing already blackening. "Concentrate! Think!" He groaned as he felt his skin burning and stepped back slowly.

Concentrate. Focus on the force. There was a distant memory, a feeling, the one from yesterday that flashed through my head. The softness of his hands on me and the smiles he had given me. It was soon replaced by the power I felt. I scoffed as I turned around and looked at him. Obi-Wan's eyes were widened in fear but it didn't bother me. All I could hear, feel and concentrate on was that same goddamn name that continued to echo in my head.

I walked down the steps towards him as my wings dragged behind me and blackened the floor, almost turning the stone into lava. I could hear him swallow loudly and see his eyebrows draw together as he tried to reach out to me. "Don't let it change you, Lyanna." Obi-Wan begged. When he felt the flames dim and the heat subside he walked closer carefully. "This isn't you!"

Something tucked at my head, just a notion or a thought that told me that he was right. But the anger continued to blind me and stopped me from thinking rationally. "You have no idea who I am!" I blurted out. A surge of heat came from me as I yelled and moved my arm, making the jedi jump back slightly in fright as the ground beneath his feet burned.

"Lyanna, calm down." He spoke soothingly but desperately as he lifted his arms in defeat. His ocean blue eyes were filled with tears and his kin was covered in the ashes that flew around us. "Let me help you, please."

"Help me?" I looked him up and down. "You? You're powerless against him, against us!" I continued to walk towards him while he backed away with his arms raised before him, trying to soothe me still. "Arthas wasn't the problem, he never was. It's the Stormrages that betrayed everyone, that killed my father and I will avenge him."

"Lyanna." He spoke slowly when he neared the edge of the bridge. He stalled his movements, sighing deeply as he looked at my eyes and saw that they had transformed into what he'd always feared. "Don't do this. You're better than this."