27. {morse code}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 4th
byers' residence

they were now all squeezed into the shed, covering up everything so will wouldn't recognise it. hopper secured the unconscious boy to the chair as the rest finished up.

after they had finished, everyone except mike, jonathan, tilly, hopper and joyce stayed in the shed and everyone went back into the house.

"all right, you ready?" hopper asked joyce.

"yeah."

hopper shook the bottle of ammonia and put some on a cotton pad, he then held the pad under will's nose. after a while, the boy gasped awake.

"what? what? what is this? what?" will struggled in the rope's grip, "what is this? what am i tied up?"

"will, we just wanna talk to you." joyce told him softly as she squatted in front of him, "we're not gonna hurt you."

"where am i?" will groaned.

hopper held up the drawing of the mind flayer, "you recognise this? do you recognise this?"

will shook his head and tilly sighed.

"hey. we wanna help you." joyve continued, "but to do that, we have to understand how to kill it."

"why am i tied up? why am i tied up?" will repeated, "why am i tied up? what am i tied up?"

"hey." hopper frowned.

"why am i tied up?" will snapped, "why am i tied up? let me go! let me go! let me go! let me go!"

the lights started flickering in the shed causing mike and tilly to share a knowing look.

"let me go! let me go! let me go! let me go... go... go..." he finally ran out of energy to yell.

"do you know what march 22nd is? it's your birthday. your birthday. when you turned eight, i gave you that huge box of crayons. do you remember that? it was 120 colours." joyce explained as she sat on the chair opposite.

"and all your friends, they got you star wars toys and joane got you some paints and a brush, but all you wanted to do was draw with all your new colours."

tilly gave the woman a smile as she talked to her son and closed her eyes, hoping it was working.

"and you drew this big spaceship, but it wasn't from a movie. i-it was your spaceship. a rainbow ship is what you called it." joyce continued.

"and you must have used every colour in the box. i took that with me to melvald's and i put it up and i told everyone who came in: 'my son drew this.' and you were so embarrassed. but i was so proud. i was so, so proud."