8

Since you both were rather tired last night, the conversation was kept short as you both fell asleep.

Thus bringing you to this dreadful morning.

Drowsiness pooled into your eyes, a loud yawn bubbles up your throat as you kick open the door to your office.

The neighboring workers look up in startlement, sending you a headshake of disapproval upon viewing your childishness. "Sorry" you raise a hand awkwardly before turning back around to enter.

"BOOOOOO" a figure screams, jumping out from behind your door in an attempt to scare you once again.

Your expression remains an impassive poker face. "Congratulations, you have reached the height of idiocy"

"Damn it" Lucas buries his face into his arms in defeat. "Why are you so hard to scare?"

"You have the same tricks" you respond in boredom, "You just pop up and say bOoOOOoo. So predictable"

"Whatever" he sulks, standing up straight to brush the imaginary dust off his clothes. "Anyway-"

Before he could continue, a few consecutive knocks echo on the other side of your door. Assuming it was one of your colleagues requesting for you to quite down as usual, you fling your door open.

"Yes-"

"Y/N, Lucas, I hope you're both well" the smiling face of your boss greets you, "Fortunately, one of our neighboring units have requested for you both. They need extra support, so this is a great opportunity for your talents to be utilised"

You both exchange glances of dread.

-

"I told you, he was actually being serious!"

"Ok but why do I have to come too?"

You bicker amongst yourselves as you enter the institute you were both acquiesced to work in. The area seemed fairly empty, very few workers scurrying around than the last time you had visited.

"Welcome" a cocky face greets you from the second floor. His arms were casually leant on the stand as he waves.

"Greetings...what was your name again?" you scratch your head as you try to recall. "Taethong, or something..."

"Taehyung" he corrects, "Now then, if you'd both like to follow me up"

"Only if I'd like to?" your lips stretch into a grin, "In that case, bye-"

A hand grips onto your wrist as you feel yourself being flung back. "This guy's technically the boss now, don't mess about" Lucas tries to subtly whisper to you.

"Where have all the workers gone?" Lucas asks as you both follow him. "If I recall, there were much more..."

"Oh, I fired them. They were having doubts and wanted to overtake my position, so it had to be done" he answers, voice deeper than the ocean yet smoother than a baby's butt.

"What if we have doubts too?" you challenge, watching his head tilt back to glance at you. You noticed his eyes seem to trap an undecipherable amount of emotions he was unable to express through words, smoldering beneath his stony expression.

He finally shrugs, turning back around. "You're both young and look naive, unlike most of the workers I've come across. I actually need help cleaning, and you'll get paid more too so don't worry"

"Paid more, you say?" the offer suddenly didn't seem so bad after all.

"Elaborate" Lucas grins beside you.

"More than half what you normally get, maybe"

"Servant number one at your service" you salute in excitement.

-

"So this room" Taehyung demonstrates, pointing to the dumpster of techno gadgets scattered across the room, "Is going to be transformed into something like this"

"Not too shabby" you comment, gazing at the phone in his hand, "Why does it need to be this advanced? This is only a small unit"

"Shut up, no questions allowed" he answers, sliding the phone back into his pocket. "Be the good servants you are and you can go home happily"

You roll your eyes, sending an eyebrow raise towards Lucas who simply shrugs in response. "Now then, your first task, my fellow soldiers. Unplug all the dusty computers and carry them outside. Charge!" he points towards the door, and it was in this moment you began to think he was actually pretty weird.

"These are pretty heavy. You good?" Lucas checks, squinting as you almost tripped on one of the wires. Since a large monitor obscured your face, you send him a thumbs up from the front.

Each arm was merely a taut strap of bone and strained muscle against the weight of the monitors clasped in between both hands. This is why you needed to go gym.

And while you both worked, the Taeyuck guy simply sat on a comfy swivel chair while munching on some crisps.

"Servant number 1 and 2, you have deserved a one minute break" he announces, and you both slump onto the floor in exhaustion.

"Fuck this, I don't have anymore energy" you breathe, wiping the thin layer of sweat which had formed on your forehead.

"Don't complain, that 10k is looking juicy for some minor labour work like this" Lucas responds, flinging his collar to the side. His biceps are taut beneath his white shirt, of course it'd be 'minor labour work' for him.

You raise your own biceps and flex them. "Hey, if I punch myself and it hurts, does it mean I'm strong or weak?"

Lucas considers your question in great interest. "Well it means-"

"It means you're a fucking dumbass" Taehyung answers instead, lips tilted into a smug smile. "Now get back to work"

"Now get back to work " you mimic deeply, "When do we finish? I've got other work to do and other interesting people to entertain rather than stay here and accompany the likes of such a cocky bastard such as yourself"

"Likewise, servant. So many mysterious smooth girls out there, you think I'd rather waste time with someone like you?"

"I could say the same" you stick your tongue out while he flashes you two middle fingers.

Oh, you couldn't wait to go back home and converse with much more well mannered guys like V.

A/N: Meanwhile Lucas; 👁👄👁