Chapter 57

"Mia, stop frowning, it's not going to be that bad," May, laughed as she took in the miserable expression on my face. 

We were sat on the bleachers of the school field waiting for the stupid soccer match to start. My ear were ringing from the sound of the noisy and chaotic crowd who were cheering on the cheerleads on the field below. Adding to my misery, there was also an irritating boy sat beside me, who kept jamming his elbow into my side every five seconds. 

God, I hate people.

With a scowl, I watched as the cheerleaders did overly excessive flips and tricks to entertain the crows. 

Show-offs...

"Well, I guess it will be bearable when Chloe finally returns with the snacks," I snapped.

 It was all Ethan's fault that I was here. He had asked me to come, and I wasn't cruel enough to say no. I was so whipped, that I'd willingly suffer for a couple of hours if it made him smile.

 Plus, it wouldn't exactly hurt to see him running around looking all hot and sweaty. 

The turnout to the match was huge, and the stands were littered, with people wearing one of the two colors of the opposing soccer teams. Ethan's team was blue, so he had let me borrow his spare soccer jersey, so I looked more 'team-spirited' as he put it.

 In reality, I knew he was probably just using it as an excuse to have his name plastered on my back since he was an overly possessive asshole.

 A cute asshole but still an asshole none the less.

"Doritos, my lady," Chloe said in a posh voice as she dropped the salty goodness into my lap before taking a seat. 

"Yay," I cheered as I burst open the packet. I munched away on them loudly and held them to my chest possessively. 

"Ugh, why is that bitch sitting near us," May hissed as she gestured to the row of seats in front of us. 

I looked down and saw she was talking about April. I was surprised to see she was sat next to Ethan's cousin, Connor. The guy gave me the creeps, but I was happy that they were together, maybe he could be a good rebound for her. They looked pretty cozy.

 "May she's not a bitch," I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"How can you say that? She's insane Mia! She literally slapped you just because she fancies your boyfriend. Who does that?" May said, looking at me like I was crazy. 

"She was just upset and lashed out. I know what it's like to be in love with Ethan, and I was crushed too when I thought he liked someone else," I explained as I looked over at her sympathy. 

"Yes, but I highly doubt you would slap the girl," May said in exasperation.

 "Whatever, May, can we just drop the subject," I said in frustration.

"Look, there coming out," Chloe said, interrupting our conversation. 

I focused my attention on the field and saw a flash of blue as our school team came running on. The crowd cheered wildly in excitement. I immediately spotted Ethan's hunky self, jog on to the field, and I couldn't help but smile as I saw how excited he looked.

 I snorted as I saw Lucas hyping up the crowd, he was pumping his fists up in the air like an idiot. The boy was doing a better job of energizing the crowd than the bloody cheerleaders. 

"What is he doing..." May, groaned as she buried her face in her hands. I just laughed harder. 

He was a strange boy.