First Impressions

The Falconclaw territory, with Aaron and Aphmau:

Aaron couldn't get a good look at the now distant woman that had run past him. When he was able to see her again, she was stood in a nearby small clearing, desperately looking around for a place to hide.

Aaron stared back at Katelyn and Garroth.
"Call backup! You guys stop that other pack! I'm going after my luna!"

The two other werewolves nodded in sync and began howling for reinforcements. Aaron ran off into the clearing, where his luna stood, visibly shaking.

He tried walking towards her, she stepped away. They repeated this action until she was backed up against a tree. He stepped back as an act of reassurance. It was the first time he had ever seen her. He knew it was her. He just knew it. She had long raven hair with stripes of dark brown naturally laced into it, and tan skin as a contrast. She was short in height and thin in weight, as if she was depreived of food. That could not have been healthy. Her ears and tail were black and had tips of purple.

Aaron stood admiring her for a moment, then something caught his eye. Her arms were adorned with bruises. Big and small, black and blue. He couldn't even begin to fathom his rage towards whoever or whatever had harmed her.

—————————————————

Aphmau could hear the screeching and hollaring of her pack. This is a whole different territory, but I don't know what territory. She could suddenly hear the howling of two wolves, but they sounded nothing like anyone in her pack. She'd been spotted.

Aphmau turned around and there stood a tall, and handsome werewolf. Aphmau took in his beauty, staring. It wasn't long after before the panic set in.
He's going to hurt me, he's going to hurt me! I have to run! That was all Aphmau could think befor eher trembling leg came to a full stop.

The mystery man tried to approach her. Her heart was yelling for her to go closer, to trust him. Her head rightfully objected. In the end, she went with her head, backing away.

They repeated this about 4 more times until Aphmau was backed up against a tree behind her. Aaron was just staring at her

Why is he just staring at me... does he know me? Did I do something wrong? I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared!

He looked at her up and down. She soon realized that in her time escaping, she didn't have a single moment to cover up the previous bruising.

The tall man reached over to the unknowing luna, and by instinct she put her arms up, bracing for impact.

"BACK OFF!" She cried out, her voice came out in sobs while she held her arms up in defense, shielding her face.

"What kind of monster would hurt you..?" The man's words were as pained as the whimper of a child.

"Just...don't...hurt me..." Aphmau mumbled. She had no more room in her heart for an emotion such as trust.

Aaron stayed away and listened to her heartbeat. Aphmau was terrifyed and kept her arms up in defense. She didn't always live with Balto, in her childhood, she climbed trees with her friends, making forts and hangout spots. She was still fully able to climb trees.

Without taking another second, Aphmau ran around the tree swiftly, not taking her eyes off of Aaron, who was standing there, genuinely confused about what she was doing. She scaled the tree and sat on a branch. The friendly chipmunk followed her up, resting on a smaller branch beside her. Aphmau was clearly tense, not making any other movements.

Aaron stood in shock as she climbed the tree. The tree was about 12 feet tall and she sat on a branch, which was about 9 feet up.

After about 3 minutes, Aaron sat down on the grass and looked up at his long lost partner. Aphmau stayed silent.

"What's your name?"

"My name....is... Aphmau.."

Aphmau...It sounds so familiar? Where have I heard that before? Another pack maybe? Aaron's mind was in a jumble as he picked through his memory to find her.

"Huh...what a beautiful name..." The raven haired woman couldn't help but blush a little at the sudden compliment, turning away.

"What's...what's your name..?" She asked in a timid voice. She was stuck in her position, too scared to move. That was slowly changing however.

"My name is Aaron. I'm the alpha of the Falcon Claw pack. What pack are you from? It's not every day a mysterious, pretty woman comes running through these parts."

"I'm from the Pheonix Pack..." Aphmau seemed to be getting a little bit more comfortable with Aaron as the conversation progressed. Her ears had moved back up and she let her tail hang down, but you could tell she was still tense.

Right then, Katelyn, Garroth, Travis, and Dottie stumbled into the clearing. Aaron looked back at Aphmau as she lost all signs of comfort, holding onto the tree for dear life.

"AARON!" Katelyn yelled, "WE CHASED THE PACK OUT OF OUR TERRITORY!!" Aaron shushed her and the other members of the patrol, looking back at Aphmau. They followed his gaze. Garroth and Katelyn had figured out why their pack leader was shushing them. The woman covered her ears and squeezed her eyes shut as if it would help her case. She was so sure they would send her back.

Dottie spoke quietly. "Alpha...who's that?"

"Her name is Aphmau...she's my Luna. I can't get close enough to get her down from that tree. She wouldn't stop shaking." Aaron recounted, making sure he talked quiet enough so that Aphmau wouldn't hear him talking about her.

"Her legs and arms...what happened?" Garroth muttered. Aaron could only respond with a shrug, as they didn't talk long enough for him to ask.

"Where's she from? Maybe that will give us some clues as to what happened to her." Dottie questioned.

"Actually yeah, she said she was from the Pheonix Pack." Aaron noted.

"Holy shit...I knew I had heard that name before...Aphmau, yes?" Katelyn exclaimed, looking towards Aphmau when she said her name. Nobody besides Katelyn had notice that she uncovered her ears and opened her eyes.

Aphmau nodded. Tensing up more (if possible). She turned her head to the chirping chipmunk that had followed her, petting it gently with her finger.

Katelyn walked closer to the tree where Aphmau sat, to which Aphmau tensed up, returning her gaze to Katelyn's.

"Aphmau...were you Balto's partner?" Katelyn asked cautiously. Sudden sympathy erupted from the group.

"Yes."

—————————————–—————

How was that? What are we thinking about?

Mangle away :)