14

I heard my door opening slowly, making me open my eyes. I seen Kacy carrying in a sleepy Kaleb. She set him down on my bed and he cuddled into my side immediately. Kacy beamed and got out her phone taking a picture and giving me a thumbs up before leaving. I shake my head at her.

Confused, I wrapped my hand around Kaleb as he placed his head on my shoulder. I looked to my right and Ella was also against me. My arm around her, her head on my shoulder, her arm on my chest, and her leg over mine.

My heart began thumping rapidly as I took in the sight. Her hair was splayed out, her lips were slightly open, her eyes were shut peacefully as her long eyelashes twitched here and there. She was absolutely stunning. I could see the light freckles under her eyes, and a little mole on her eyebrow.

Her scent filled my nose, and my body felt like it was on fire.

I took a deep breath and let it out before closing my eyes. Trying to have sleep take over me once again so I could stay in this position a little while longer.

*****

When I woke up again. Sadly neither of them were pressed up against me, but the tv on my wall was on and Ella was sitting in a bean bag chair with Kaleb sitting on her lap. She had an arm around his waist as they were watching Bubble Guppies. I smiled at the sight.

"Lookie!" Kaleb pointed at the tv and looked back at Ella. "shark!" He screeched. She giggled, before shushing him. He nodded, before repeating her actions. "Momma seep," he whispered.

"Yeah momma's asleep." She turned around to check on me. "She's awake now buddy." She smiled at me saying goodmorning.

"Momma!" He squealed, trying his best to say 'goodmorning' but it turned into gibberish.

He climbed up in bed and wrapped his arms around my neck. Ella also got on the bed and she kissed my cheek. My face heated up and I put my head on her shoulder.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked her.

"Extremely good thank you. Your sister gave me some tylenol when I woke up. How did you sleep?"

"Good I'm glad. I slept like a baby," I smiled. I looked at the clock and seen it was 11:44am. "Are you guys hungry?" Ella nodded her head while Kaleb looked at me. "Why don't I make something."

I picked Kaleb up and Ella followed me to the kitchen. I kissed Kacy's head as I put Kaleb in his high chair.

Kacy wanted popcorn and dino nuggets, for some reason.. and Ella wanted mac&cheese.

All very random, but I put the nuggets in the oven and started on the mac&cheese before putting the popcorn on the stove.

"Is the popcorn popping yet!?" Kacy asked.

"Well let's see," Ella said before lifting up the lid, only to get hit in the eye by a kernel. "Holy fucking hell! What a bitch." She hissed. Kacy threw her head back and laughed. I covered my mouth.

"You said bad words!" Kacy took advantage of this and ran off bringing back a jar.

Ella has the palm of her hand pressed against her eye tight as she apologized, "what is that?"

"Swear jar," I smiled sheepishly. "We all had one growing up, so we would know not to repeat it, and we got money out of it. I don't know why Kacy still has hers since she's older now." Kacy winked at me and chuckled.