Strategizing and Discovering

Brielle POV

The VKs are seriously stressing me out. All of the things with the wand, Ben and I being spelled, all of the sketchy behavior I've seen from them was putting me on edge. The only ones that weren't acting suspiciously in my mind were Carlos and Harry. 

Today is Ben and Mal's date where he'll go for a swim and wash the stupid potion off of himself and come to his senses, but I wanted more security. I had thought long and hard. If they were after the wand then protecting it would be key right? Well its kinda silly if you think about it. Fairy Godmother herself is the only one that knows how to use it, meaning if it ever got in the wrong hands and she was unavailable for some reason we'd be doomed.

Its obvious knowledge that she's the only person that can wield it usefully, so how about we get someone and teach them how to use the wand in secret for security?

I pondered who I could trust for this task, long and hard too. The obvious choice would be Jane, right? She's FG's daughter and all it only makes sense, only issue is her major confidence issues which can be worked on over time yes however we kinda need this person now. Audrey? Something about giving her a powerful piece of magic of any sort just doesn't sit right with me. Chad? Oh please, that would be the worst decision of all, he'd probably try to spell himself somehow and end up turning himself into a frog. Ben? Love him of course, but he's a little too gullible. Doug? Probably would get too nervous when even holding the thing, or just get stuck looking at it.

There was only one person I hadn't thought of, I'm going to have to do this, aren't I?

It kinda sucks being the only person you can fully rely on, to be honest, but hey I know I don't have confidence issues, I am studying strategy and logic for my future role as the Queen who deals with her own military and all so that's covered. Not to mention I know I'm not a power-hungry maniac. I sat my desk and took my glasses off with a sigh,

"Well, just another thing to study"

I murmured to myself as I stood up from my chair and straightened my pastel yellow dress I had decided to wear today rather than my normal pastel blue. It was a rather formal dress too, it had quarter length sleeves and a more broad neckline which did actually show off the cleave that I have which doesn't bother me. I've never been overly concerned about showing skin, everyone has skin I don't think it should be ashamed to show it. It was a shorter skirt, just about 5 inches above my knee. I also wore black desert wedges (weird name right?) and because I decided to switch up my style a little, inspired by the VKs I won't like, I wore black fishnet socks that came up to my mid-calf. I also straightened my hair and put it in a high ponytail, not to mention I wore the tiniest bit of black eyeshadow. Overall I looked pretty damn good for trying something new.

I marched out of my office, empty-handed since classes were over for today. I also hadn't seen many of the VKs today, I saw Evie in science but she's the only VK I have in one of my classes. I dismissed it, assuming they were finally making friends and standing up on their own now since they've been here for a few days now. Obviously Mal was out with Ben as well.

The halls were peaceful, just casual conversations lining the walls, and the occasional couple showing an intense amount of PDA was all I could see. It was peaceful, a feeling I haven't felt since I turned at least fourteen when a lot of my royal duties began to surface in preparation for my crowning. I smiled at the sights of happy couples or happy friend groups, though a bitter feeling came over me which dismissed my peace I felt for a few mere moments. I stopped looking around, looking straight ahead and ignoring the happy couples and so on and so forth. I felt a stinging in my chest, it was annoying for sure. I had no clue of what brought it up until I glanced up and to my left into the courtyard like area we have here, specifically to one of the picnic tables. I saw the VKs minus Mal obviously sitting and obviously trying to have a nice time, but Audrey's friend group was taunting them, all except for Harry. They were just flirting with him, and some of them were flirting with Jay too. The difference was Jay was obviously enjoying it while Harry wasn't. I was supposed to be at FG's office in a few minutes, but it could wait. I marched over there, head held high,