Day 41-55: Phropheus

On the eigth day after starting the hell training, The fat Captain came to him.

"You have proven yourself worthy of being a Foot Soldier. congratulation."

[You have succeded in the Foot Soldier Training.]
[Do you wish to select Foot Soldier (Soldier Class - Rank 1) as your Job?]

"Yes."

[job Selected]

With a nod the captain left, soon replaced by Propheus trainer who had seen everything and came over.

"I knew you could do it! Now, listen well as this is important. A footsoldier, in times of war or durring an expedition, is on the front lines. He has to endure the arrows and bolts, the swords and axes, the stress and the fatigue until the very end of the battle. Neglect your daily training and you will fall long before that. Do you understant?"
"I think i do sir."

The tone was serious, the moment grave.

"The rest of the time a foot soldier stands guard or patrol in the village. So its quite a likable job!Hahaha!"

And the moment was broken. He was saying the truth though.

Many other players were either starting or completing the Foot Soldier Training. Propheus could see people running, working out or standing still in the same footsoldiers outfit he wore. The fat Captain was cirrently goung from player to player ranking them up.
Others were being led to the stables by several instructirs. Those had choosen to join the Cavalry.

"By the way, did he give you your plates?"
"Plates?"
"You are part of the village's army now, you should have plates."
"Oh, you mean tags?!"

Propheus opened the bag and found a leather string with a thin rectangular slice of shiny brown metal attached to it. It did look like a tag. Exept there was nothing written on them.

"What do i do with those?"
"First you visit the Master Instructor. She will tell you your stats. "Then?"
"Then you go to the General Smith. He will inscribe them on the plates."
"I see. What are the tags uses anyway?"
"Hum... it tells your commanding officer what to expect from you and is a proof and reminder of your duties and powers as a member of Last City's army."
"So only soldiers have them?"
"Mercenaries too, it helps them form parties based on the tags intel, Schollars and Darkling have a similar version bit i'm not sure exatly what they are used for. Craftmen and Artist generally put on on their shop as proof of their dedication to their art and Villagers and Adventurers... hum, i'm not sure. Maybe you should ask the general smith about this. He is bound to know more than i do."
"Sure"

The Master Instructor, like the name indicated, was the one in charge of all trainings, trainors and trainees. She lived in a separate Barack at the far side of the military compound.

"As a Soldier The first evaluation after each Rank up is free, after that its 25 silvers each time."

Plates upgrades were not a free service, a fee was asked. Because he worked for the city he had the chance of being provided with one free upgrade per Rank up but others such as mercenaries and scholars would have to pay every time.

She took a drop of my blood, and drew a Mgic circle with it. The circle glowed and the blood ink faded. Instead it was replaced by a long block of numbers.

"Go to any Carver or Engraver. they will now what to do with this."
"Thank you."

He took the perchment and went to Busy Bee Archie who was always seen carving wood in his down time.

"Hey Bussy Bee, can you do me a favor? I have a plate upgrade and i need your help to complete it. Can you help?"
"A Plate Upgrade? sure! give me that!"