Chapter forty-four

—————
Picture of Jason
———————
Don't forget to comment and vote!
———————————

Starting to move around in bed I feel Shannon isn't here. Opening my eyes a little I look at the clock that is on her side of the bed, for it to read 5:15a.m. Turning over I see the balcony doors open and her talking on the phone.

Oh she's talking to Nicolás probably.

Snuggling back in the covers, I go back to sleep. Not sure how long, but I'm disturbed again when I feel Shannon wrap a leg and arm around me. Snuggling into my back.

"How's Nicolás doing?" I ask, still half asleep.

"He says he's fine like always, but he sounds worse." she answers, softly.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"Nothing, really. Just a bunch of different things." she answers.

"Mmm." I say, ready to go back to sleep.

"I love you Lucas."

"I love you too sweetheart." I say, intertwining our fingers.

After what is said between us, I soon fell back into a peaceful sleep.

Jason's POV

it's about seven o'clock in the morning and all I hear is typing.

Oh my godddddd what is Alex doing?!!!!!!

Deciding to get up, I roll out of Lucas's bed and make my way to the front.

"What the hell are you doing this early in the morning?!" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning to you too, Jason." he response with.

"You didn't answer my question." I deadpan, looking at his back.

"You know I'm always up this early. I just came back from my morning run."

"Okay, let me rephrase. Why in the hell are you typing loudly at seven o'clock in the morning?!"

"First of all, it's eight o'clock in the morning, but to answer your question I'm doing some research."

That peaked my interest a little bit.

Research aye...

"What kind of research?" I ask, making my way over to the island table.

He shuts the computer quickly. "N-nothing. Just science stuff." he answers.

Ouuuu my naughty little brother.

"Oh really?" I ask, not buying it. "I thought your little science stuff was finish with?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I still got nationals." he answers, quickly.

"Mmhm, but isn't that until the summer time? It's spring now." I ask, smirking.

"How did you know that?!"

"You told me remember."

"You actually listen to me?!"

I always listen to you jackass.

That causes an eye roll. "I always listen to you jackass."

"Okay, sureeeeee."

"Anyway, let me see what you are doing on Lucas's computer." I say, reaching for it.

"No!" he says, getting defensive.

"Come on man! Let me just see." I say, trying to pull it away from him.