- 1 6 9 - BILL AND FLEUR

LORELEI HAD A HARD TIME GETTING INTO A DRESS THAT DIDN'T MAKE HER FEEL FAT

LORELEI HAD A HARD TIME GETTING INTO A DRESS THAT DIDN'T MAKE HER FEEL FAT. Most days, Lorelei wore leggings and old sweaters that belonged to one of the many boys in the house since they were all larger than her normal size. Trying to put herself in this stupid dress was causing waves of frustration to roll off of her. A knock on the door had her growling out, "WHAT!" and a whimper was heard on the other side.

"W-Would you like me to get Ginny or George?" Ron whimpered again.

Lorelei took a breath, allowed her eyes to become normal and she sent a small 'yes' to the boy outside her door. Soon, another knock was heard, and in came both George and Ginny. The two grinned at each other as they stared at the half-naked mermaid as she pouted and held up her dress.

"I can't fucking get it on," Lorelei deadpanned making Ginny lose any restraint and let out the largest laugh. George sniggered but quickly stopped when Lorelei gave him a look. "Help before I tear it to shreds."

So, Ginny held the dress as George helped guide Lorelei's ever-changing body into it. Once it was on, Lorelei found herself hating the way she looked. Ginny smiled a bit tightly and said, "It's better than what Phlegm is making me wear."

This didn't help Lorelei's self-esteem at all.

George shooed Ginny from the room and spent ten minutes coaxing Lorelei to believe how beautiful she was. He even helped get Lorelei's hair into a pretty braid since Lorelei was not able to do much of anything for herself nowadays.

When Ron, Harry (disguised as cousin Barny), Fred, George, and Lorelei stood greeting guests. Fred angrily pulled on his tie, finally giving up and allowing Lorelei to fix it. He smiled at the mermaid as she did it before looking around. "When I get married, I won't be bothering with any of this nonsense. You can all wear what you like, and I'll put a Body-Bind Curse on Mum until it's all over." Lorelei patted his chest when she finished his tie and moved toward George.

George laughed a bit as he pulled Lorelei to his side. "She wasn't too bad this morning, considering," he paused and shook his head. "Cried a bit about Percy not being here, but who wants him? Oh blimey, brace yourselves--here they come, look."

Lorelei had a great time keeping his Holeyness away from the veelas.

Aunt Muriel was walking around trying to meet everyone (and give her critiques about them), but Lorelei had managed to stray far away from the old, scary woman for the majority of the evening. When the woman finally caught up to George and Fred, she sneered at George.

"Your ears are lopsided," she stated, George gripping Lorelei's hand tighter at the remark. Aunt Muriel was not helping his insecurities, after all. "And who is this?"

"Aunt Muriel, lovely to see you. Is that a new knee?" Fred asked sweetly earning a swift hit on the arm from the old witch's bag.

George grinned tightly. "This is my fiancée, Lorelei Calypso Black." Lorelei went to shake the woman's hand, but the woman only grabbed her hand to look at the ring George gave her.

"Black! HA! I don't doubt that for a second with her unruly hair. And you've knocked her up, too? Before marriage? I'm ashamed and disappointed--"

"Right, we'll see you later," Fred said, grabbing Lorelei and George to get the hell out of that conversation. He glanced at Lorelei with a smile. "She likes you."

When they found Harry, Hermione, and Ron, they grinned telling them about their experience with Aunt Muriel since Hermione was told she had bad posture and skinny ankles. Lorelei frowned and told the witch she was beautiful causing Ron to agree quite loudly.

"I wish old Uncle Bilius was still with us, though; he was a right laugh at weddings," George said.

"Wasn't he the one who saw a Grim and died twenty-four hours later?" asked Hermione.

"Well, yeah, he went a bit odd toward the end," conceded George.

"But before he went loopy he was the life and soul of the party," said Fred. "He used to down an entire bottle of firewhiskey, then run onto the dancefloor, hoist up his robes, and start pulling bunches of flowers out of his--"

"Yes, he sounds like a real charmer," said Hermione, while Harry roared with laughter. Lorelei gave him a smile.

Once the wedding ceremony happened, Lorelei was only envisioning her wedding with George. She knew it'd be just perfect. With a hand on her bump, she closed her eyes as claps were heard around her. The bride and groom were bonded, just as Lorelei longed to be with George.

During the reception, George had kept Lorelei's mind busy as he danced with her. Soon, the mermaid was passed around to each Weasley offspring starting with Bill. Each dance made Lorelei laugh and forget her troubles. Bill told jokes and stories about his twin brothers, some that Lorelei planned to use against them. Charlie spoke of how much time had passed since he saw her and how beautiful she was; Glowing, he said, with being pregnant. He said she looked happy. Fred made sure he was seen by the entire crowd as he yelled he was dancing with the most beautiful pregnant lady there (Lorelei hit his arm with a glare at that as she said, "I'm the only pregnant lady here!") Ron's dance was a little awkward, but he told her things about everything and nothing at all. And Ginny's dance was the funniest, the two girls twirling each other stupidly.

Lorelei was having such a great time that when a large and silver came floating to a halt right next to her, she gasped when the lynx Patronus began to speak in the voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

-
A/N

Hello! We are at a little over 160K reads, wow! I also was just followed by like 16 people at once (kind of making me nervous but hey... Welcome!), and I've been reading every comment. I love that you all are enjoying Lorelei's story... Happy reading!