chapter thirty-one

Harry

Emily and I were currently sitting on the couch watching a movie. Well... Emily had fallen asleep and I was too busy admiring her to even bother glancing at the T.V. 

As soon as I saw her in the dressing room, I could tell she hadn't slept very much. She had bags underneath her eyes and she just overall looked tired. I couldn't help but wonder whether it was for the same reason as me.

I hadn't gotten any sleep until last night, when I forced myself to close my eyes so I would be in a good state to perform. But other then last night, I had found it impossible to sleep without Emily with me. Which is stupid because we slept together once

I looked down at Emily as she rested her head in my lap. She had intertwined our hands and her other was resting on my leg while my other sat on her hip.

I turned off the movie that I was never paying attention to in the first place, and picked her up in my arms. She stirred slightly as I began walking up the stairs to my room and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I carefully kicked open my bedroom door, making sure to be as quiet as I could so I didn't wake her up. I then made my way over to my bed and carefully put her down. Without thinking twice I placed a quick kiss against her forehead before I turned to get changed from my jeans.

"Harry?" Emily mumbled as I slipped off my jeans and slid on some sweats. I turned around to see she was reaching out beside her on the bed. 

"I'm here" I whispered as I took my top off before sliding into bed. Before I could do anything, Emily instantly scurried across the bed, resting her head against my bare chest and snaking her arms around my torso. I pulled the doona over the two of us before wrapping my arms around her small frame, absentmindedly tracing small patterns on her hip with my thumb. Emily let out a quiet hum in her sleep and it wasn't long before I felt myself drifting off.

Emily

It was the ringing of my phone that woke me up. I felt warmer then usual, but I was comfortable. Annoyed that I would have to answer it, I slowly opened my eyes, my vision blurry. I reached across my bed for my phone, except my hand didn't find my phone. Instead it hit something hard. I retreated my hand as I heard a grunt. I looked up to see I'd hit Harry's face and before I could even comprehend anything, Harry let out a small groan and tightened his arms around my waist.

I was beyond confused before I began backtracking, trying to remember what happened. I remembered watching a movie with Harry, but only getting 10 minutes in because I fell asleep. But I feel asleep on his couch? So Harry carried me up here? And then we slept together... like this?

I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face from the thought of Harry carrying me up here to sleep with him. I snuggled in closer to him, resting my cheek against his warm and bare chest, tracing my fingers over the sparrows on his chest. 

It was only when there was another ring that I remembered the reason I got woken up in the first place. But it wasn't my ringtone, meaning it must be Harry's.

"Harry" I said quietly as the phone continued to ring. "Harry your phone is ringing" I shook him slightly, earning another grunt from him in return as he grabbed my hand to stop me shaking him and intertwined it in his own. 

Once again, another smile crept onto my lips, but the phone continued to ring. I groaned, wishing whoever was calling would give up.

"Harry, you're phone is ringing. You need to wake up" This time I said it louder and Harry's eyes finally opened, although very slowly.

He looked down to me and a smile crept onto his lips. 

"And what is it that I can do for you so early in the morning" Harry's voice was raspy and low from having just woken up.