- 1 7 0 - ANGEL

GINNY KNEW SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD HAPPEN

GINNY KNEW SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD HAPPEN. She had hoped, for the sake of Bill and Fleur, that it wouldn't be during the wedding; however, it was happening, and Lorelei could not be here. Screams and spells were shot as different people fought as others Disapparated. Ginny hadn't let go of Lorelei's hand even after the witch pleaded to help. Ginny refused to let anything happen to her or the baby.

Finding Tonks, Lorelei didn't even have a second to breathe as the woman Apparated Lorelei to Remus's cottage that was empty except for Florence and Clara. With a stern order to the two older merpeople, Tonks left back to the wedding to find her husband. Lorelei didn't know what to do. George and Fred and Harry and Embry... everyone was still there, and for what? For her to be sent off in case there was danger? She hated it, but with a rub to her stomach, she took a breath. George would be happy to know she and their peanut was safe.

Within four hours of silent torture, the sound of Apparition was heard causing Lorelei to shoot up quickly. She saw Remus first who smiled tiredly at her, and then she saw George. His face was worn, but he also smiled as brightly as he could at her.

"They think Ron's got splattergroit as we wanted them to," George said, firstly. Lorelei nodded but frowned as she saw he was hesitating about something. "H-Harry, Ron, and Hermione disappeared. I assumed they would, but I know you--"

"They're gone?" Lorelei said with a tilt of her head. Frowning further, she sighed. "I knew he'd leave eventually. Is everyone safe?"

"Yes, I'm glad you left willingly. Kept my nerves down," George said with a chuckle. "Ginny, Tonks, and I had that planned if something were to happen."

Lorelei smiled, but it wasn't a real one.

When August passed, Lorelei felt tired more often. The baby was set to come any day now, and Lorelei spent all of her days at the Burrow now. Molly was worried she'd be alone if she went into labor. George and Fred kept their business going, but the customers were growing far and few in between. They had to let Verity off on most days, only calling her in sparsely. Now, Lorelei and Embry spent almost all day lazing around when Molly was not making Embry do chores.

September first was solemn. Severus Snape was made Headmaster of Hogwarts and required all witches and wizards to attend that were of the age. Ginny left that day with an anger that was ready to be unleashed on the new Hogwarts Headmaster. Now that the Ministry was taken over by Death Eaters, it seemed as if the Order was finished. Everyone was trying to protect their own families. When the new decree of killing or imprisoning half-breeds and Muggleborns became enacted, Lorelei was not allowed to leave the Burrow at all. They hardly saw Remus as he and Tonks were not leaving their home either.

On September second, Harry, Ron, and Hermione broke into the Ministry of Magic for whatever mission they were on. No one recognized Ron, but the Weasleys were watching their backs more often. This added to the stress on Lorelei because she hoped they were all right.

Lorelei worried about Harry, Ron, and Hermione too often than she liked to admit. The stress was eating away at her. She could remember so many memories of the small raven-haired boy she met on Platform Nine and Three Quarters. She didn't know then that she'd watch him grow faster than he should have. She didn't know how attached to him she'd become.

Embry tried to keep Lorelei's spirits high, but the stress that ate Lorelei alive induced her pregnancy a few weeks before Molly thought the baby should have come. That day was absolute hell for the Weasley family. Since it was only the merpeople, Embry, and Molly in the home when it happened, Lorelei was yelling out in frustration because no one could get a hold on George. Molly finally decided to send a Patronus an hour after Lorelei's labor started, George and Fred appearing not even five minutes after. Clara, Ursula, and Molly worked beautifully, helping Lorelei with the pain that was a baby coming out of her.

On September seventeenth, a healthy, beautiful baby girl was born.

The boys were not allowed in the room except George while it was happening. As Lorelei cooled down, Molly took the baby to get cleaned after George was instructed to cut the umbilical cord. George smiled at Lorelei as Clara wiped Lorelei's forehead with a towel. Ursula was cleaning up the room as a loud cry interrupted their thoughts.

Molly brought in the sweet girl wrapped in a blanket she had made for her.

"Look at her eyes," Molly cooed, gently placing the baby in Lorelei's arms. George allowed a tear to fall as he watched his beautiful mermaid hold their child. "As blue as the ocean."

"She's going to be so spoiled," Lorelei said with a laugh. "Hello, my love. She's staring at me, Molly. Her eyes are huge!" Lorelei looked to George, smiling brighter when she saw another tear go down his face. "Wanna hold her, Georgie?"

George nodded, allowing Lorelei to position the baby in his arms. He softly spoke to her as Molly let the other men back into the room. Fred gasped, a large grin on his face when he saw his brother holding the little girl.

Embry quickly moved to Lorelei with a soft smile. "You screamed quite loudly. Everything all right?"

"Perfect, Em," Lorelei whispered, grabbing his hand. Lorelei turned to see George passing her to Fred, Molly standing far too close as if she didn't trust her destructive pranking twins to hold something that fragile. "Hey, Freddie?"

Fred's awed eyes glanced up at Lorelei once before going back to the bundle in his arms. "Yeah, Lor?"

"You'd be the godfather, won't you?"

Fred gasped again, moving his head so quick to look at Lorelei and back to George before looking at Lorelei again. "Huh?"

"I mean we know you're going to be the cool uncle, but if something were to happen to either me or George--"

"Really? You'd trust me with her?" Fred asked again, Molly sobbing in the background with Clara of happiness.

George rolled his eyes, taking the baby from him to give her to Clara who was anxious to hold her. Lorelei watched her baby's every move. "Of course, you twit. Say yes, already," George teased.

"Yeah, yeah, I'd be honored, Lor," Fred said, a tear leaving his eye as he walked over to kiss Lorelei's cheek.

Molly grinned, wiping her eyes. "What's the little angel's name?"

George glanced at Lorelei with a grin. They had been thinking about names quite often.

"Ophelia Amatheia Weasley," George replied.