GLITTERING GOLD • LOK

Persephone smiled widely, the ship that held her daughter, Izumi, and granddaughter, Dawn. The older woman felt a hand on her hip, and she looked to her left and saw Zuko next to her as she smirked at him. "You're reading my mind, Percy." He muttered, the girl tutting and seeing a young girl bolt off the rail of the ship, bouncing happily.

"Of course I'm reading your mind. It's my job as your soulmate to know everything." She teased, kissing his cheek and the man smiled at her fondly. His eyes held a spark in them whenever he was near her and she had the same.

Dawn bustled down the dock, looking at her mother who was posed in a perfect stance of the next Fire Lady and Dawn pouted. "Mom! Hurry up! I want to show grandma my new bending move!" Dawn yelled, the woman laughing slightly and picked up the young ten year old.

"Now Dawn, you shouldn't be telling your mother what to do." She said to her daughter, Dawn thinking for a moment.

"I'm sorry." She breathed out, Izumi smiling and hugging her while they walked up to the palace and Dawn was set back to the ground.

"Grandma!" Dawn yelled, hugging Persephone's leg tightly as she smiled lovingly and patted her back.

"Dawn, you are still as energetic as ever." Persephone teased and Izumi gave her mother a look.

"I wonder where she got that from." Zuko said, Izumi nodding her head at the man and gave him a hug.

"I missed you guys. And Dawn here couldn't wait any longer after the ceremony at Republic City." She said, Dawn jumping up and down in her excitement.

"What couldn't she wait for?" Zuko asked, hoping to see a different eye color or a scar from the young girl.

Izumi looked to her father knowingly, since Izumi had her scar when she was nine, they were hoping for Dawn to have the same, but she never gained one. "Why don't you show them, honey?" She asked her daughter, the young girl nodding her head and smiled.

"Watch!" She yelled, and she had grabbed the water from the harbor, streams of cool ocean water floating in the air as Persephone gasped.

She hadn't known that her granddaughter would in fact become a Water Bender. She looked to Zuko, a frown forming and he grabbed her hand.

When Dawn turned around, a smile happily on her face while she was waiting to be cheered like her family did when she did her first Fire Bender move.

But this was different, everyone looked... sad? Dawn frowned, dropping the water and letting it soak into the ground as she looked towards everyone. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked, Persephone snapping out of it and put on a fake smile.

"No! No, honey. You did wonderful! Izumi, may I talk to you for a moment." She stated, walking towards the palace as Zuko was left with his granddaughter.

Dawn frowned and watched the women leave. "Grandpa, I thought this would be good. I'm just like Grandma." She whined, holding a ball of water in one hand and a flame in the other.

Zuko frowned, knowing exactly what this meant as he placed a hand on her shoulder and sat down next to her. "Dawn, how about I tell you a story of the Monks and how your mother got her double bending."

<><><>

Persephone was pacing, shaking in fury. "The monks messing with my life is okay with me, but this has gone too far." She muttered, Izumi stopping her mother.

"Mom, she doesn't need to protect the Avatar like you did. It's just your genes, right? My grandfather was a Water Bender, so it's normal for her to just be a double Bender like you." She said, hoping to make the situation better as Persephone shook her head.

"It's not a coincidence that Dawn was born a month early to have the same birthday as Korra. She is a protector like me, Izumi." She said, looking at her granddaughter who was listening to Zuko. "I shouldn't have put this on my family. Those stupid monks." She breathed out angrily, looking to Izumi and thought for a moment. "Is Iroh showing any signs of water bending as well?" She asked.

Izumi smiled and shook her head. "Iroh is in his classes right now. He is still wanting to be apart of the navy." She told her mother, Persephone grinning and proud of her grandson.

"I just want everyone to be happy and not go what I went through. Korra is an extraordinary Avatar, but if something were to happen to Dawn..." she paused and looked at the young girl.

Persephone sighed, looking to Izumi and wrapped her arms around her chest. "We are going to have to let Dawn train with Korra." She told her daughter.

Izumi frowned, looking at her daughter and saw her laughing with Zuko who looked back over towards the woman. "I know." She breathed out, Persephone looking to her daughter and rubbed her shoulder.

"She's going to do great. And she's allowed to have all the freedom she wants, meaning she can visit you and us whenever. I will not do what those monks did to me." She promised, Izumi smiling.

<>•<>•<>•

Here you go you guys. A legend of Korra with Persephone's granddaughter, Dawn! I hope you guys are ready for this :)