F I F T E E N

35 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

don't forget to vote!

· if you guys like this story/series/me as a writer or like any tvdu series in general, there's a tvd awards by klaroline-4ever that you can nominate me/other people for!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lilah sat down on the bed in the dorm room Roman stayed at where he was at the school. He stood by the door, just looking at the brunette as she processed the information.

"Do you really think this is possible?" she asked him. "That this Malivore thing just... swallowed this Hope girl whole, and it just... rerouted my entire life?"

Roman sighed and sat next to her, both of them leaning against the headboard. She brought her knees to her chest and let herself lean against the blonde boy.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that is what's happening," Roman replied, wrapping an arm around her.

"But that would mean my entire memory is just... a big fat lie. If I was really a student here, then that means everything I remember, my memories with my dad, with Hayley, with Uncle Klaus, they're not real," she said, tearing up at the thought. "What if, in this real world, I didn't have such a good relationship with Elijah? What if I'm supposed to be someone's girlfriend, and I just don't know? What if I got to say goodbye to Stefan, and I just have no clue?"

Roman frowned at the thought of her being someone else's girlfriend. Then his eyes widened.

"Wait, Stefan? Like... Salvatore?"

"I've been alive for a thousand years, please don't tell me you think you're the only person I've ever been involved with," she chuckled at his question.

He stared at her for a moment, as if realizing there was so little he actually knew about the girl he was so infatuated with. In the months they spent together, they spent most of it just being together, sometimes keeping their true identities from one another, they hardly got into it about their pasts. Now, he looked at her, wondering if he knew her in her real life, the one no one remembered.

He wondered if that's why she felt deja vu whenever she picked up something of his or hugged him. He wondered if that bear in his apartment had once meant something for them together, and that's why she had a flash of a memory when she touched it. It would explain why he didn't know where it came from.

He wondered if they had loved each other before, because it would be the only logical answer to why he felt something so deeply about a girl he hardly knew. It would've just been fate bringing them together, because when you love someone, nothing can really get in the way of that. Not even this stupid Malivore pit.