Chapter 18:

Shelly

It's been almost three months since that night me and Kaine finally basically put shit out there. We have been good, more than good. Of course we have our minor agruements here and there because he is a ass, but he is mine and I love him.

Right now Brandon and Karma are here and I was holding Brei while Kaine talked shit.

"Bruh I tell Shelly all the time that if she ever even look like leaving me I'ma kill her and the next nigga." Kaine said making Brandon laugh.

"Don't laugh at him because he is so damn serious." I said shaking my head.

"I don't blame him I tell Karmen the same shit." Brandon said.

"The men in our life are just fuckin crazy." Karma said.

"True." I agreed. "What's up with Brei today? She wanna be all nice and smiley while being all over someone."

"I told you my baby ain't mean." Karma said. I gave her a look and she laughed. "Nah, but she's growing out of it. She being extra nice to you tho what's going on over there?"

"The babies just love Auntie Shelly." I said messing in Brei's curls.

"Is she?" I heard Karma whisper.

I look up at her to see her looking at Kaine with raised eyebrows. I look his way and he started whistling looking the other way.

"What?" I ask.

Karma shrugged, Brandon laughed, and Kaine shook his head.

I adjusted Brei on my lap then look back at Kaine to see him motioning over his stomach like he was making a bump just as he was about to point at me he looked up seeing me looking at him.

"Oh what's up bae?" He asks innocently.

"Oh what's up bae?" I mock him. "I'm not pregnant asshole."

"Okay."

"I'm not!"

"I said okay Nichelle."

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes. "Karma when you or moms gonna do my hair. I want a sew in."

"I gotchu just let me know and come to the shop." I nodded.

*

"Bae what you doing?" Kaine asks.

"What it look like?" I said pulling my work pants on.

"What time you get off tonight, you wanna go out tonight?"

"11 and no."

"Oh okay." He said slowly. "So can I go out tonight?"

"I don't care Kaleb, you're grown do as you please." I said looking at him like he was crazy.

"I want you to come with me tho."

"Not my scene and you know that." I turn and wrap my arms around his neck as his hands rest on my ass. "Just bring your ass back here the same way to me and we are good."

"You already know that won't be a problem." He said smirking down at me.

"Good." I said pecking his lips quick then turning to grab my phone and bag off the bed.

"You gonna be waiting for me naked when I get home?" He asks following me down the stairs.

"Maybe, maybe not." I said smiling walking out the door.

"Yeah alright." He said.

*

"What the hell is going on?" I ask Nel since everybody seemed to be doing the most since I walked into this hospital.

"Austin and his random ass drug tests." She said filling out paper work.

"Yup," Austin said popping up out of nowhere. "And your ass is next Shell since you always seem to fail my drug tests and I always cover for your ass. You fail this time I might have to fire your ass."

I rolled my eyes. His ass ain't firing nobody. Me and Nel are the two best nurses he has here, but just incase I had to think back and see when the last time I smoked was.

"I should be good it's been awhile since I smoked." I said honestly.

"Better." He said thumping his clipboard against my head then handing me the container to pee in.

"Results by the end of ya shift." He said before walking away after I finally gave him the container.

"Kaine going out tonight too?" Nel asks as we walk the hall.

"Yup, you know I ain't going, but are you?"

"Nope. I'm going to get my boys and head home. I gotta go out the way to pick up Jaden since Tiffany and Troy's son is sick."

"Less talk, more work." Austin said walking past us.

"He wanna get slapped today." Nel mumbled. I laughed nodding agreeing then begin doing my rounds.

*

"So you weren't lying. You haven't been smoking lately." Austin said holding up my results up as I was clocking out.

"See told you." I said.

"Well congrats you won't be losing your job today." He said laughing as I gave him a look.

"Don't be an asshole." I said.

"Ya drug test might have came back negative, but something else came back positive. You're pregnant, congrats." He said.

I stopped mid turn. "What?" I ask snatching the paper to look over it.

"What? Wasn't planned?" He asks.

I nodded. "Well it wasn't avoided either."

I walked out of the hospital still staring at the paper with the results on it.

I got in my car as my phone rung. I answered seeing it was Kjayy.

"What's up?' I ask.

"Sis, don't get mad." He said right away.

"What?" I ask slowly as my heart rate increased worried about what he was gonna say.

"Kaine got arrested and they won't let me bail him out since I don't have my ID on me." I sat there on with the phone to my ear staying quiet. "Sis? Shelly?"

"I'm on my way." I said before hanging up.

*

"Why the fuck you call her?" Was the first thing Kaine said as he was released.

"I didn't have my fuckin ID and ain't nobody else answer their phone."

I looked down at his busted ass hands as he took his things back from the police officer. Seeing that told me the reason that he got arrested.

I scuffed before walking out before them as they followed me.

"Damn man and I was gonna get some pussy tonight and you done fucked it up."

"No you done fucked it up ya self." Kjayy said dapping him up then walking the opposite way to his car and we walked to mine.

"Bae." Kaine called while we got in the car. I shot him a look then started the car.

"Ooookay." He mumbled leaning back in his seat.