111

C H A P T E R 111

"It feels so good to be back on this pitch. So many memories are flooding back into my mind. I feel like I'm back in my element, where I'm most comfortable," Charlie spoke with nostalgia in his eyes as he did a small spin to look around the pitch.

Samantha couldn't help but stare. Who knew a haircut and some cleaning up could make someone look so....wow. Cedric was attractive, Marcus was attractive, but Charlie Weasley was breathtaking.

 Cedric was attractive, Marcus was attractive, but Charlie Weasley was breathtaking

She didn't know why all of a sudden she was feeling this way. She's seen Charlie plenty of times within the last few months and hadn't made this type of impression. She's always thought he was attractive too but it's never had an impact on her like this.

Once Charlie finished his mental walk down memory lane, he turned towards the rest of the team. Harry was closest so he started with giving him a brief hug first.

"Good to see you again, Harry," he spoke and then moved on to Alicia and Angelina.

"I've missed you both so much," Charlie commented, giving them both hugs too. He then turned towards Samantha who stood their awkwardly leaning up against her broomstick.

Charlie faced her and gave her an award winning smile showing off his dimples that made her legs almost turn to jelly. "Last but certainly not least, Samantha—"

Samantha took a step back. "Oh no you don't want to hug me. I'm all gross and wet."

He waved his hand dismissively. "Oh nonsense. Come here." He stepped towards her, arms outstretched, and brought her into a hug where Samantha got a waft of his enticing musky scent. Charlie pulled away slightly and looked down at her. "There's something about being gross after Quidditch that you just can't help but love, wouldn't you agree?"

Samantha laughed lightly and broke from their embrace...unfortunately. She hoped he couldn't feel her heart racing and even the butterflies that were hogging her stomach. "You got that right," she responded in a shaky tone and avoided looking into his piercing blue eyes. Samantha could not believe she was feeling all of these emotions upon a simple interaction with Charlie, someone she's known for years and has spent time with. Why now? Why all of a sudden was this attraction consuming her? This was so unlike her.

"So what are you doing here?" Angelina asked once Charlie finished his greetings and they formed a small circle.

"Yeah, Tonks said something about watching our Quidditch match tomorrow?" Samantha added.

Charlie nodded. "Yes, I will be there. I'm helping out Madam Hooch with refereeing actually. I won't be on the pitch level though, it's mostly shadowing and getting into the mindset."

"Why?" Fred asked. "Not that I don't like you being here, but it seems a little out of the blue."

"Well I've missed Quidditch and I spoke with McGonagall during the second task and she said that Madam Hooch could use some help. So why not? A simple Portkey takes me right over. I can arrive Friday afternoon and leave Sunday morning," he explained.