7

(Omniscient)

It was lunch time at school. It was the Thursday after the gang's little sleepover together at the Airbnb.

"Ace, can you carry my bag for me please? For some reason it's heavy," Davanee said as her and Ace made their way to lunch together.

"You good?" He asked her wit a concerned look while he took her backpack from her.

"Yeah, I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night. I just feel weak..." she tells him.

"Oh. Want me to carry you on my back?"

"No, it's ok," she chuckled.

At this point anyone can see that these two were best friends or it just seemed like it on the surface. Between them it was slowly beginning to be something more.

When they made it outside, they found the table. Everyone else was there already. As soon as Davanee sat down, her head felt heavy so she held it up with her hand.

"Nee, you aight?" Amani asked her.

She nodded with her eyes closed.

"She said she felt weak cause she ain't get enough sleep last night," Ace shrugged sitting next to her.

"Oh, girl we've all been there. Feel better," Nina found her way over to her and rubbed her back.

"Want me to get you your food?" Ace asked Nee.

"Sure," she answered, eyes still closed and head still rested on hand.

"Y'all cute," Amani smirked.

"Yeah ever since we found them cuddling in bed on Friday..." Rio added on while emailing at them.

The two ignored them. Putting the two backpacks down, Ace goes to join the line and Darnell follows him.

"Who's that?" Darnell nodded at a girl that was lookin at Ace.

"Ion know. I've seen her in my English class wit Nina," Ace shrugged.

"Oh shit! Nigga, thas Jennifer...the principal's daughter," he says.

"Damn, I really don't give a fuck. She can look at me all she want..."

He went and got one lunch for both him and Davanee then he headed back to the table.

"Is she sleepin right now?" He asked.

"I don't know. Check..." Nina said while lookin at Davanee in the state she was in.

" Nina said while lookin at Davanee in the state she was in

Ace shook her shoulder, "wake up."

"Hmm?" She softly lets out.

"Open your eyes. Or at least sleep in a better position..." he tells her.

"Ok...I'm up," she slowly opened her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Aye, I need to tell you sumn," he whispers to her.

"What?"

He paused.

"...wait...I forgot."

She lets out a weak chuckle. "You're actually annoying."

"Nah, I really had sumn to say but it left my mind...if I remember I'll let chu know."

"Sure...do that."

"Ace, watchu think about Jennifer?" Nina asked once she realized Jennifer was staring over at their table.

He shrugged. "Ion know her like that so ion think nothing of her. But right now, the fact that she keep starin at me like dat ain't helping her case if she 'likes' me."

"Damn. I didn't even say she liked you I just asked what chu think of her," she laughed.

"Yeah, but I knew where it was goin. And plus, ion dig white girls like that," he glanced over at Jennifer for a second.

"She not white...she Hispanic and white."

"Don't matter. Don't care," he shrugs again.

"Well...ima let her know..."

"Let her know what?"

"That you not interested."

"Oh aight."

He didn't want to say it but Ace still has his eyes on Davanee.

"You gon eat the orange?" He asked Davenee.

She shook her head 'no' as she put a Tater Tot  in her mouth. He grabbed the orange and peeled the skin off.

"Wait...I remember now. My moms said she wanted to meet chu," he says, popping a segment of the orange in his mouth.

She paused on her chewing. "Why?"

He shrugs. "She said she wanted to meet the girl I spent two hunnid dollars on."

She kisses her teeth. "You couldn't tell her that we don't talk anymore...?"

"Nah. Cause that's me lyin to her. But you don't have to do it."

"No, I'll do it. I just don't have time right now."

"Aight then some other time when you have all the energy and time."

"Mm-hm."

Meeting the Parent?! They not even TOGETHER together.

[End of 7]
Thank y'all for getting this book to 1k.
What are y'all's thoughts so far?