Wattpad Original

SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay. Let's get to it.

There's a bit of a story behind why it's taken me so long to write the sequel to Solar Flare, and the short of it is: 

It didn't. I've had most of it written for months.

I had a complete concept for the sequel. Beginning, middle, part of the ending. I had new cultures to explore and lots of research to do. I successfully wrote the first half or so, and actually had this uploaded to Wattpad when Solar Flare was still around 20,000 reads.

Then I hit writer's block. Bad. BAD bad. I just couldn't continue the sequel. Something kept stopping me. Rather than leave the story off in the middle, I took it off Wattpad until I could finish it.

Essentially what happened is the characters sort of... started making their own choices. I realized that the characters I'd written simply WOULD NOT do the things I had planned them to do. This crippled me for months. The main story arc was ruined.

Then inspiration found me as I went back and reread comments on Solar Flare. I realized what I needed to do. I did what you guys told me to do. It involved throwing my initial aim of the story in the garbage, but hey, that's writing.

So here we are. Basic Smoke, version two. The first 60,000 words have been on Wattpad before, but I've made some edits and made the chapters shorter like I did with Solar Flare. If you've read the previous version, I would recommend brushing up on the updated version.

It's back. It's FINISHED. And not to toot my own horn, I really think I outdid myself. The sequel is somehow even more queer, feminist, BIPOC-supporting, angsty and fluffy than the original.

And sexy. It's also very sexy.

Basic Smoke will still prominently feature Rowan and Luis, but the main plot will be focused on Serena Gladney. Expect the return of favorite characters like Maria Delgado, Josiah Maldin and Arlette Fuselier.

I will focus on the themes of love, respect and consent that were so strong in Solar Flare, but I have just one word for you regarding a new element that will feature prominently in the story:

Witchcraft.

The next part is a teaser of what to expect. I think you'll be intrigued.

I'll drop another part here when I'm ready to start publishing Basic Smoke again.