chapter 36

The three days that Robert had given me come by much quicker than I wished they would.

He came by to pay us a 'visit'. He made sure that I didn't enjoy my last days here, he made sure he kept Lorenzo occupied enough so that I could secretly pack my belongings.

He arranged transport that would take me from the mansion to the airport without any of the guards being suspicious about anything.

Robert has arranged an important meeting that needed most of the guards attention as well as Lorenzo. He told me that this would be the perfect time to escape so I did as I was told. I write Lorenzo a letter as a goodbye so that he doesn't blame himself.

{Dear Lorenzo

I'm writing this letter with an extremely heavy heart. I'm not really good at this but I just wanted to say thank you for showing me what love is and how to love. It pains me to think that we will never see each other again but just know that I love you wholeheartedly. I'm leaving because as much as we want to stay together; other people hate us together. I didn't want to leave you without letting you know that I've accepted who you are as a person; what I feel for you...I've never felt for any other man and even though I'm leaving today; I just want you to know that I'm wearing the smile that you gave me.

None of this is your fault. If we could've avoided this from happening...please believe that I would stay with you but I've been backed into a corner. You would lose me even if I stayed with you

Saying goodbye to you feels a little bit like dying. Don't come looking for me...and please ask yourself why it was so easy for me to 'escape' right now.

Whenever you think of me...you can just read this letter and think of our fondest memory together. I've taken a sweater from your closet (you hardly wear these anyway)...best believe that this sweater will come in handy for when I miss you. I know that this is corny but I miss you already. I wish I could've told you to your face but...I love you deep and you are so worth it Lorenzo Stephano Rosi.}

I neatly folded up the letter and placed it on Lorenzo's pillow

I wrote separate letters for Summer, Penny, Vincent and Aurora. I placed those letters on the kitchen counter

The house was quiet and felt empty because most guards were at the meeting and the only guards who were around were Roberts guards.

Bambolina and I made my way into my escort and were driven away from the place I had started calling home.

The drive to the airport was quiet; just filled with my sobs.

I tried to convince myself that this was the right decision but God knows that it's not.

"We're here" the driver spoke up as he got out of the car and carried my luggage out of the car as well.

Aparently Robert had organised a private jet to fly me out. I flew to America...that's my new life from now on.

I'm going to get a job and start over.

~~
My first week in America I spent it in a cheap hotel...but soon found a small apartment that I could live in.

I left my cellular in Italy then bought a new one in America.

I check on my family every week at a pay phone. I don't plan on telling them that I'm no longer in Italy so I have to come up with a lie whenever I call them. Austin caught onto my lie quicker than I wished but he promised to keep my location a secret for as long as I want him to with the exception of Aurora who is constantly checking on me. I haven't explained my reasons for leaving to anyone.

Apparently Lorenzo has not stopped looking everywhere for me and he's back to being the rude, angry and unimpressed person that he was before we met.

I really miss him but I've got to stop thinking about him.

~~~
[A/N]

I'm sorry guys😥
...but stay tuned

Love y'all deep😤❤