thirty-five

(This chapter might be short, my apologies in advance y'all.)

Evre Janelle Lennox

Feb 12th, 2020

Sometimes I feel bad about it
Sometimes I don't give no fucks
Sometimes I need somebody
But these hoes is never enough

"Bruh," Destiny looked over at me while we sat on my bed. "Turn this shit off. Play some ratchet shit if you gone play some music." She said.

I rolled my eyes and huffed, then handed her my phone and gave her access to my playlist.

Once again it was a full house, since it was one of the random ass days everyone was free of anything they had to do, so everybody decided to bring their big bothersome asses over to my daddy's house.

Heir, Masai, Destiny, and me were chilling in my room with the door closed, listening to music while we watched Rick and Morty on Hulu.

"Aye," I looked over at my big brother. "Would you be mad if you found out Roddy Ricch was yo' daddy?"

"Tuh," Destiny scoffed. "I wish he was mine. Fine ass."

Heir stared at me for a slight minute before his eyebrows furrowed. "Why in the fuck would you ask me some shit like that?"

Heir, my daddy, and his momma had had a long, ten to twelve year battle regarding his paternity.

Heir's momma and my daddy were never in a relationship, but they fucked around a lot. According to him, Heir's momma was fucking around as well, which was what led him to believe Heir wasn't his... understandable, I guess.

Anyway, instead of use his money to pay for a test, get the results, and leave it at that, my daddy continued dipping in and out, choosing random ass times he wanted to be a father, all the while claiming Heir wasn't his and dodging the test.

This went on until Heir was about twelve or thirteen, and of course the test came out with Heir as his fucking son, it only made sense, after that, my daddy decided to be in his life permanently, and in his eyes everything was good.

With all that being said, Heir and my daddy had a lot of animosity in their relationship, and he hated anything that he felt questioned the results of his paternity.

But it was true... Roddy Ricch probably wasn't his daddy, but the resemblance was there.

"Nigga all I did was ask a fuckin' question."

"It was a stupid ass question."

"On everything." Masai co-signed as he looked down at his phone, and I made a face.

"Masai, you could get the fuck out, cause nobody asked you to come in, shit." I mugged him.

"What y'all in here cussin' for?" My Daddy asked, walking in without permission.

Well, I guess he didn't need permission, it was his house.

For as long as I could remember— when I got old enough to realize shit— it had always seemed like it was me, Heir, and Destiny, against Masai, Justyce, Jaide, Jermaine, and Dante.