XXXVIII

7 MONTHS LATER

7 MONTHS LATER.

"I'll see you tomorrow, bubba relax," Yanni giggled. Amere was being extra clingy at the moment, because he knew Nyx and Sincere were on their way over to drag Yanni from his mother's house to their hotel. 

The couple—as well as E'ani's family, were currently in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May 1st had come without a warning and after two whole years together, E'ani and Amere were finally about to get married tomorrow at 5:00.

After months and months of planning with Nadira, E'ani had figured out what she liked. She wanted a pure white wedding, she wanted it to be stunning. She wanted to throw some flowers and greenery in there as well, but she felt like Amere's extravagance rubbed off on her. She wanted everything to be gorgeous. After all, this would be her only wedding.

She was sure of it.

She had a hard time picking a dress, because while part of her wanted to fulfill her childhood fantasies of wearing a princess ball gown down the aisle, she felt more like herself in the silhouette of the dress she chose, and she knew her husband to be would like that one better as well.

Their colors—since it was a Spring wedding were more bright. The main colors were a light pastel blue—almost a powder blue, gold and a natural light green to offset it. It sounded weird when E'ani proposed it to Nadira on FaceTime, but of course she made it look beautiful. The bridesmaids would be wearing gold dresses and Yanni was so excited.

Amere was just happy to participate and taste the cake.

"Man tomorrow too damn long, I'm 'posed ta' just sleep by my damn self?" he fussed, pulling her leg over his lap again when she tried to get up from straddling him. "Stop! You got everything," he hugged his arms around her waist and she laughed.

"Baby, you'll be okay, I promise. You slept without me before!" she tried to reason with him, running her hand through his loose hair.

"Not recently," he grumbled. "And it's the night before we get married, I wanna be wit' you,"

"I know, but it's tradition! It'll make you think I look prettier in my dress if you don't see me for a whole 24 hours," she winked, and he couldn't help but laugh. "I can't wait for you to see it, you're gonna love it," she gushed.

"Ima wanna take it off you as soon as you walk innat church," he shook his head at his own nasty thoughts.

"Not in the Lord's house, Amere," she shook her head.

"I'a do it in dis house fuck you talm' bout," he chuckled, as they were currently seated in his mother's house. "She know we grown,"

"See, you nasty. Very nasty and that's why I gotta leave, you gon make us late to our own wedding tryna fuck around and get a quickie in, no sir," she chuckled. "I can't wait to see you tomorrow, though. You're gonna look so handsome and when we leave that church I'm gon have your last name,"