Arc 1: Chapter 20

Days flew by and it was the day of the tea party in Duke Moore's residence. Forced to get up early, the maids began dolling up Elenor. She knew she was helpless when it came to this so after hours of preparation, Elenor was ready to leave for the tea party.

She wore a purple a-line dress with the skirt length touching the ground paired with long flowy sleeves. It was slightly translucent, making her look fairy like. Butterflies decorated all over the dress. Together with the dress, her hair was braided all the way and rested on her shoulder. It was decorated with pearls and silver tiny butterflies.

Her makeup was the usual light makeup along with water drop earrings that shined when light refracted it. She wore high heels that were perfect for walking and the tea party. Elenor couldn't help but stare at herself a few more times. The maids had god-like hands to be able to make her look so beautiful.

She bid everyone goodbye and walked to the carriage. Unfortunately, Alec wasn't allowed to follow her this time as Isabella stated in the invitation that only ladies were allowed.

"Don't miss me too much," Elenor jokingly said, sending a wink over to him.

She was holding onto his hand as he brought her to the carriage, holding her steady as she climbed into the carriage. Alec muttered under his breath before releasing his hold on her. For a split second, Elenor could have sworn his gaze felt different.

The door of the carriage was closed and she was now leaving. She sent him a small wave through the carriage window as she slowly disappeared with the carriage riding further away.

Elenor slumped into her seat, tapping her fingers on the carriage seat. Soon it will be a war zone between the two.

A smile made its way up to her lips, thinking about how fun it will soon be. These past few days have been a bore so now that there's a chance to watch stuff go down and even be part of one was truly exciting her.

The carriage finally came to a stop and the coachman opened the door, allowing Elenor off the carriage. She thanked him before making her way into the Duke's estate. With a light purple coloured fan hanging on her right wrist, she elegantly headed to the tea party.

There weren't many, only around ten to fifteen ladies in the large garden behind the estate. Elenor lifted her fan and placed it lightly on her lips, a blank yet sharp look on her face. Judging from how there weren't many people, Elenor already could assume that these were all Isabella's followers.

Elenor stood at the same place, waiting for her to be greeted by the host of this tea party. Not waiting more than five minutes, a lady strutted her way over to where she was at. Long blonde hair with large curls at the end, small face paired with entrancing blue eyes and a mole under her small thin lips.

"Thank you for coming, Lady Elenor. I'm so glad you are able to join us." she said with a smooth clear voice but Elenor could hear the fakeness in her undertone.

Elenor smiled and bowed, speaking the same way she had spoken, "Thank you for inviting me to such a lovely tea party, Lady Isabella."

Isabella smiled and brought Elenor to her seat. Elenor took a seat two seats away from Isabella. It was a long table which was able to fit everyone with Isabella in the middle as she was the host.

The tea party finally started with everyone chatting from cosmetics to the latest gossip around the capital. Elenor paid no attention and continued drinking her tea and eating the desserts they have provided in the tea party.

Seeing how she wasn't caring or even paying attention to the conversations around her, Isabella spoke up.

"Lady Elenor I heard that you were the partner of his highness not too long ago," she said with a small gasp.