ch.21

"What did you do?!" Dex screamed as he cradled me in his lap. I was just acting to let Glimmer let down her guard. After all, I was the pyrokinetic in this group. Ro stayed calm as planned and Keefe was a bad actor in fact.

My throat really hurted a bit, since Glimmer chocked me. Glimmer's grip was firm. I opened my eyes a little to see what was going on. Glimmer laughed like a maniac. Or maybe she really is. No, Marella, she did betray you, but calling her a maniac is bad.

Fake tears rolled down Dex's cheeks. "Undo it."

"No." Glimmer said as she prepared a light ball in her hands and was about to shoot Ro. I tackled her down, fire in my palms. "If you make a move–" I leaned the fire closer to her face. Glimmer whimpered. Pretty pathetic for a villain.

—————————————

"Hey, I think I hear footsteps." Keefe said.

Ro made the international shh sign. "Stay here." She ran off.

Glimmer struggled through her bonds. "Mmpppfff!"

"Make a move, I'll burn your hair." I threatened.

Dex held his arm for a high-five. "That's the Marella we know and love."

"Love?" I raised an eyebrow and teased him. He blushed and stuttered, and it was cute.

"Quit talking, love birds," Keefe said. "Wait–are you two together?"

We both blushed. I mean, it was awkward. I didn't know how Dex would feel, but I did say I was his girlfriend and he asked me that. But, I still didn't know what our relationship was. Were we friends? Were we girlfriend and boyfriend? The last one made Marella uncertain.

"Um......" Dex said as he scratched the back of his head.

I cut in. "We're figuring it out." Dex glanced at me and gave me a small smile. Maybe he didn't know our relationship too. Stop it, Marella. Focus on the mission.

Dex sat down on the floor. "Do you think the adults are having more luck than us?"

"I doubt it," I said and sat down next to him. "They don't even have a plan."

Keefe frowned. "Wait–our plan was to grab and go."

Dex flushed and said, "No, you missed a part."

"What part?" I had to ask. "Isn't that all?"

"Our mission is to grab, fight and then go," Dex said. "I thought you knew."

Keefe looked uncertain and uncomfortable. "So we have to fight the Neverseen?" He shook his head. "Impossible. From the stories I heard from you guys was, "we fought the Neverseen." But you fought them a lot, haven't you? But they aren't defeated."

"Yet," I said, looking at Keefe. His face was pale and his eyes were staring at something. "We can defeat them, Keefe."

Dex scrunched his eyebrows together. "Keefe? Are you listening?"

I turned to the place where Keefe was staring at and I saw a door. It was made out of fancy black metal but it looked really old. It had wierd marks and swirly things on the door. I grabbed Keefe's shoulder. "Keefe!" I yelled in his ear.

Keefe's ice blue eyes widened and he looked at me, then Dex. "What?! Did I do something? I told you, I wasn't involved in the Dex hair incident!"

"Dex hair incident?" I asked him.

"Someone dyed my hair bright pink that night." He said and glared at Keefe.

I rolled my eyes. "Wierd," I said. "Anyway, what was that all about?"

"What was what?" Keefe asked.

"The door thingy." Dex said.

"What door thingy?"

"You were hypnotized."

"Hypnotized? By who?"

"The door."

"That's stupid." Keefe said, but he walked away from the door.

As I was about to tell them to let's go and find Ro, Ro came running towards us. "I found Watergirl." She said as she bent down to rest.

Linh came hurrying towards us. "Hey.....," she said looking at all of us. "Exactly why are you here?"

"You didn't think we'd not come here, right?" I said walking up to Linh, hugging her tightly. She smelled like dirt and sweat and there was a weak sent of rose.

"But," she said gently untangling herself from the embrace. "You guys could get–"

"Hurt," Keefe said rolling his eyes over dramatically. "We know, we know. But who wouldn't risk their life for their friends?"

Linh laughed and hugged all of us. "Thanks."

"But where's the emo boy and sparkle girl?" Ro asked.

"Oh right!" Linh exclaimed. "Follow me." She said and took running down the hallways.

This is before they found Tam and Biana btw
And sorry for not updating in a while :(((