Chapter 21 - What's good for her

You happily read your book in Buckys arms. Both of you cuddling on the living room couch, obviously Steve was gone so it was ok. As you turned the next page Bucky burrows his head in the crook of your neck.

"What?" You ask teasingly. He grumbles unintelligible words making your chuckle and turn to face him. "What is it?"

"Please?" With a laugh you give him a soft kiss. As he prolonged the kiss he moved you to straddle him.

"Needy needy," you tease again making him whine. "You're my world,"

"You're my universe, Doll," you kiss him again but stop when you hear your brothers voice.

"What the hell?! What are you doing?!" With wide eyes you spin around to see Steve fuming.

"Stevie..."

"Don't you 'Stevie' me, what are you doing... fonduing with Bucky?!" You cringe and get off Buckys lap.

"Pal,"

"Don't call me 'pal'! What were you doing kissing my little sister?!" Soon the other avengers slipped into the living room after hearing the commotion.

"Steve, I was just-"

"What? Just what, Y/n?! You were kissing my best friend!" You stand up and walk to your brother who was starting to hyperventilate.

"Calm down, just breathe,"

"N-no, I need to know, how long?" You go to answer until you flinch at his dark tone. "For. How. Long?"

"Six months..." you mumble quietly.

"What?" He growls.

"S-six months," you say with a fearful tremble in your voice.

"Well it stops now, no more of this," you go to negotiate only for him to raise his finger. "No, this stops. Barnes, you will stop seeing my sister immediately, that's an order,"

"Steve please-"

"Y/n! Don't go against this," he snaps. "You will get over this, you will no longer be allowed to see him, that's final," with tears threatening to spill from your eyes you shove past your brother and the avengers before slamming your bedroom door.

~~~

"Rethink this, they were happy-"

"Romanoff, don't." Nat retracts her hand and sighs. "What I say is final, I know what's best for her, and being with my best friend is not one of them,"

"You haven't seen how happy he makes her, and vice versa," Steve sends a glare to Sam who holds up his hands in defence. "Just give them a chance,"

"No. Not happening," Cap stands up and walks out the room.

~~~

You walk down the hall past Bucky. As you give a weary smile he leaves you unnoticed. Having to end the relationship was enough of heartbreak but at this point he didn't even acknowledge your existence.

Letting out a held in sigh you turn to your room and close the door quietly before dropping onto your bed and cuddling your pillow tight.

A few hot tears stream down your face and drop onto the pillows, the fabric absorbing each drop. Turning to face the ceiling you scrunch up your face to hold back the flood of water threatening to escape your eyes again.

~~~

Punching the bag over and over again you feel your anger rise up in your chest. As your knuckles became numb you continue to let out your emotions.

For days... weeks... and now two months, you went about your normal routine, just without Bucky to hold you close.

All this time, you learned to push down your feelings like your brother told you to. Giving Bucky the same silent treatment, you started to feel more and more numb.

You lost interest in the beautiful things life offered. You stopped yourself from giving a flower a second glance, or a butterfly a look of awe. You stopped baking, shrugging off the playful pestering from your friends with the classic 'I'm feeling a little tired, maybe tomorrow'.

In a sense, you became ruthless... no, not super villain ruthless, more like an anti hero ruthless. Moral is still there but you didn't necessarily care about it on missions. Screw public image.

~~~

"We have a mission, whole team on board," you sit back in your chair with a neutral face. Fury handed a file to your brother as he clicked the next slide.

"Where?"

"Germany," you look up from the glass table to Fury. "Pack your bags, ladies, you leave tomorrow,"

~~~

Reading over the file you studied the case as you packed up the things you would need. Clothes and formal wear, makeup, toiletries and your suit. Zipping up the duffel bag you look up at the time and see it was two hours until you were to leave.

"Ready?" You hum at Wandas question. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," you mumble, placing your bag on your bed and checking your phone for any messages.

"Right... well, I'll see you in a while," you nod and close the door after the witch leaves making her sigh. Making an ice dagger in your hand you create a disc and throw it in the air, hitting it with the dagger.

"Two hours..."

~~~

I'm trying to stay awake- I'm listening to Doki Doki Literature club and I'm losing my mind

- Anna ❤️