chapter three

- 7 likes from DreamWasTaken

what in the world?...

~~ y/n's pov ~~

I stared at these notifications in confusion. i could connect the dots well enough because of the dm but, why the likes? and from so long ago? was THE dream stalking my twitter?

i felt my face heat up slightly before i shook it away. there is no way i am blushing because a youtuber liked some old tweets. thats just insane.

I dismissed the like notifications and went to read georges dms. we hadnt talked in a while sadly, so i was curious as to what he wanted to say.

george: hey y/n! i know we havent talked in a bit :( but i just wanted to congratulate you on your future job as dreams editor, i know youll do great

my jaw dropped slightly as i read his message. i had somewhat known already but how did he know before me? i typed out a quick response and then moved on.

y/n: thank you so much! i rlly miss talking to you, we should catch up soon for sure. but how did you know before i did? did you help him at all?

i noticed he was typing but i wanted to see the official news for myself. i clicked on the dm from dream with a shaky hand and read it.

dream: these videos are absolutely amazing. i would love to have you be my editor. please let me know your rate and any other things i should know, i look forward to getting to know you ;)

if i wasnt blushing already, i was now.

why is this happening to me? all he did was compliment my work and i felt butterflies. we had never even talked before.

i took a deep breath and forced those thoughts out of my brain. i work for him now and it would be wrong to be blushing every time we had a conversation. i had to be professional.

y/n: wow thank you so much, im really excited to work with you!

as i typed i noticed the last line. my rate.

i didnt really know what to say; i had never gotten paid to do this before. i didnt want to be rude and ask for too much, but college isnt paying for itself. i wracked my brain and remembered george paid me $20 for an old video of his. that could work for now. i had another job so i wasnt going to go broke or anything.

y/n: if im honest i dont really know my rate, ive never done this before. i guess $20 a video would be good? im sorry if im asking too much, i can definitely take less.

he started typing almost instantly, catching me off guard. i sat in the chat and read his next message.

dream: $20 a video? thats hardly enough. i can do $20 hourly to start and then we work ur way up?

my jaw was basically glued to the floor at this point. i could do my favorite thing in the world and get paid well, could i quit school? this was just so much to process.

y/n: yeah thats more than perfect, thank you so much!

dream: nah, thank you. youve just saved me, when can you start?

I wanted to start right away but i still had that stupid project to finish, school again tomorrow and i havent slept at all.

y/n: i have a few school things to wrap up but i could start get one up on sunday?

dream: perfect. ill send you the footage tmrw

i did a quick fire reaction and turned my phone off for the night. as i layed in the dark, my mind was still racing. the new job, the unexplained butterflies, the reconnection with george... george. i still hadnt responded to his dm and it had been over an hour.

i grabbed my phone and opened the conversation.

george: i might have had a little bit of influence in his choice... but in reality it was all you. youre so talented and the choice was perfect for you. if i could push him the first couple of steps it would have been my pleasure :)))

good to know george hadnt changed a bit. we talked for a little bit just catching up and i felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier. i needed to sleep.

y/n: its been so great catching up, but i really have to sleep. ill talk later

i closed my eyes but one last flash of light caught my attention. i read it but basically fell asleep mid sentence.

george: btw dream seems.... excited to have you ;)

- george not found deleted a message -