Chapter 38

"Are you hiding from someone?" Mina's sweet and angel-like voice suddenly sounded as she popped her head from behind the theatre curtain and frowned while looking down on me

Just like the last weeks I spent the rest of my break in the big empty room, hidden behind the silk red cloths, being disturbed by anyone.

At least that had been the case until now.

"How did you find me?" I smiled slightly confused as I looked up from my phone to look into her pretty face.

"I saw you walk in here," she replied to my question, whereupon I merely nodded my head.

"Would you like to sit with me?"

Not a second later a gentle smile formed on her lips before taking a seat right next to me.
It had been a while since the two of us had an actual conversation and to be honest I probably should have shown more effort.

The current events had me so confused that I had completely forgotten about the girl.

"Are you here because of Donghyuck?" Mina's melodic voice tore me out of my own thoughts, whereupon my gaze automatically wandered over to her.

"At first yes, but in somehow turned into my personal resting place. Neither at home, nor really at school do I have the time to breathe and relax... The last few weeks of my life have been very stressful."

"I see," whispered the girl, before leaning her head on my shoulder to give me some of her own energy.

"I was beginning to think that one of them had bothered you again. Donghyuck really has his eyes on you."

I sighed softly as Mina uttered what everyone had probably noticed by now. It was not usual for a member of NCT to spend much time with anyone outside her group. The fact that the older one was now interested in my well-being definitely deviated from the norm.

"Is it possible that Chenle and Jisung followed you before?"

"Yepp, I'm pretty sure Donghyuck sent the two younger ones to watch over me when he suddenly had to leave with the other boys."

An annoyed laugh left my lips as I thought about how the two students had followed me like a shadow for the last hour, asking me tons of different questions.

Questions such as:

"Which one of us do you think could survive a zombie apocalypse?"

"Who do you think would rather steal from a $1 store?"

"Which one of us looks more threatening?"

I had tried to ignore most of their dumb questions as best I could, but for the last one they finally got their answer.

It went something like "If you don't stop following me around like a couple of annoying strays, I'll show you what threatening means." and I gave them the deadliest of my looks.