THE TRUTH (this time all of it)

I go to school tomorrow and honestly I want to cry, anyway I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter but it's a pretty important chapter
Hope you enjoy
X

The next few seconds past in a blur of fear and adrenaline as the mercenary stepped the shadows revealing his orange and black costume which glinted slightly in the light of the room. The team gasped at the sudden appearance of the mercenary trying to quickly get into battle positions but it was too late as the mercenary quickly dove at Conner, unsheathing his unnaturally glowing sword as he did, not waiting for the team to get ready, it didn't take a genius to figure out what he was doing, he was taking down the heavy hitters first and Conner being taken by surprise was at a severe disadvantage as Deathstrokes swung his glowing green katana deep into his supposedly bullet proof skin. It was kryptonite. The sword was kryptonite.

Conner screamed out in immense pain as he curled in on himself, blood oozing out of his massive gash as the kryptonite infected his blood stream

"CONNER!" Miss Martian screamed running to help her boyfriend but before she could reach him a fist knocked her off course sending her flying into the nearest wall with a crash as her head collided. She slumped down and didn't get up again.

2 down, in mere seconds.

"Kid flash, Artemis get the Wayne's out of here" Aqualad said sternly baring his water-bearers fearlessly at the mercenary, placing himself protectively In front of the Wayne's, Barbara and his team as the mercenary smiled at his foolish bravery

"But" Wally protested fearfully knowing that his leader stood no chance against the mercenary

"NOW" Kaldur yelled angrily, completely uncharacteristically making Wally flinch at his leaders harsh tone, that wasn't a request, it was a order and an order that had to follow.

"Good luck" Wally smiled at his friend before him and Artemis hurried the Wayne's from the room, with little to no protest from them as they ran out the door, but Dick didn't move he stood memorised staring fearfully at the man who had haunted his dreams for far too long, Dick hadn't seen him since he was saved and to stare into the cold mask of his old 'master' hurt more than he ever expected, he knew this day would eventually come but he never imagined just getting a glimpse of the man would make him feel this way, feel so scared and so desperate. As he stared at the man Dick had a sickening feeling that he was smirking under the mask also reminiscing every 'punishment' he delivered to Dick.

"DICK MOVE NOW!" Kaldur yelled snapping Dicks eyes away from Slade and back to his leader, he would never survive this fight, Dick thought desperately, none of them could especially with Miss Martian and Conner already down, they needed to get a message to the league, the league was there only hope.

Turning his head to glance back at his leader, he ran from the room, he just needed to be quick.

Aqualad turn his head up to stare fearlessly into the cold mask of the heartless mercenary, Aqualad's eyes filled with anger and a slight hint of fear whilst Deathstrokes head tilted to the left hinting at amusement

"You will never get the boy" Aqualad said bravely his brain urging him to run

"That's what they said last time" smiled the mercenary as he lunged at Aqualad his katana bared infront of him aiming for the atlantan's heart, missing by barely an inch as Aqualad dove out of the way, landing harshly on the kitchen floor next to a staggering Conner who was on the edge of consciousness, watching the scene fearful for his leader knowing there was nothing he could do to help this fight, as he bled out on the kitchen floor.

Aqualad quickly pulled himself up off the floor and not wanting to wait for Deathstroke to make the first move he lunged at the mercenary who simply sidestepped the attack