29. Screwed Big Time

3 months later...

Amber's P.O.V.:

"Sir, here is the file you asked for." I said as I placed the file in front of him on the table.

He seemed busy on his laptop so I went ahead and started brewing coffee for him. He likes drinking coffee as soon as he is done with his works and I think it's almost time to get done with his work.

Before he could shut down his laptop, I put the cup of coffee in front of him.

"Always on time!" he said, as he looked up from the cup of coffee towards me with his signature smile forming dimples on both his cheeks. Like father like son.

"You seemed really busy today, sir. Anything important?" I asked, as I closed all the unnecessary documents scattered on his work table. He is extremely messy.

"Of course, Amber. Tomorrow marks 25 years of this resort. I can't believe how far we've come. I still remember how I started this resort from scratch and built a small hotel into this huge resort." he said as his eyes got teary. He indeed is an amazing business man and an even more amazing human being. He started his small hotel at the age of 25 and today, he owns one of the most expensive and most beautiful resort in the country. And I am really glad to have got the opportunity to work under him.

"Congratulations to you, sir." I congratulated him.

"Thanks a lot, dear. But just congratulating isn't going to work. You'll have to come and join us tomorrow for the Silver Jubilee celebration." he said as he sipped his coffee.

"Sir, you know I don't like parties. Can I skip? Please?" I said, making a puppy face. I know it isn't professional to make 'puppy face' in front of your boss but Mr. Austin is like a father figure to me. I have known him since my college days. I still remember the day, when Mark introduced me to his father. [Mark Austin : Chris' classmate back in the University and Amber's senior who had a crush on her.]

So, I have known him for a pretty long time and we share a great bond with each other. No wonder sometimes Mark complains about how his father loves me more than him. Such a cry baby he is!

"I am not gonna hear anything from you this time. You have been working as our PR manager and also as my assistant since the last 3 months and you've never attended any of the parties organized by the company. So, you will be attending this celebration without any fail. Do you understand, young lady?" He said the last line in his fake bossy tone.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled when I saw him crossing his arms over his chest and showing fake anger. Sometimes he can be worse than a 5 year old kid.

"I will come to the party, sir." I said and smiled.

"As if I had given you any other option." he said with fake arrogance and laughed.

I chuckled and continued my work.

"This celebration is going to be a big one. I am excited!" he said, excitedly as he turned on his Phonograph and put on his favorite song and started dancing.

May I present to you the excited version of Mr. Jack Austin!

This is how he shows his excitement. 

He walked slowly towards me swaying his hips with the pace of the music and forwarded his hand towards me. I gladly put my hand on his and we started dancing to the song. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the song.

"Dad, I have been trying so hard since so many years to ask Amber out on a date with me and here you're already dancing with her without even making any efforts." we heard Mark say in a fake complaining tone standing at the door of the cabin.