Chapter 52: Sad night.

This chapter's song above.

Amelia Black

I fucked up. Big time.

And I do this a lot, act before I think. But the truth is, I genuinely didn't think Adam will care.

So now, I'm scared as fuck. I'm the reason for my husband's current depression.

"He told me to get out." I tell his doctor and he gives me a knowing smile.

"You knew he would?"

"I've known him a very long time." He explains.

"I only asked to end things because I was upset. He keeps secrets and he has the worst mood swings."

"I get that and him and I have discussed that if you're going to be in a relationship, he would have to learn to open up. All he needs is time and for you to trust him."

"I will try my best but how do I get him to talk to me? What do I? I don't want him to ever be this way because of me."

"Do you love him?"

"I think so."

He smiles sadly. "That's a yes or no question, I'm afraid."

"Yes, I do."

"Then continue to do just that."

"But I haven't even told him. It's too soon."

"You don't have to say it. Just show it to him. That's what he needs. To know that someone cares deeply for him and loves him unconditionally. He is filled with self doubt and he believes he has to keep proving himself ins some way. Make him believe that you accept him."

****

I knock for the 100th time tonight.

"Adam, I'm sorry."

"I'm going to stay here. I'm not leaving till you open the door."

Silence again.

"Adam, please. You have no idea how sorry I am. I made a mistake. Please forgive me."

I hear the door click and my eyes lit up. Adam opens the door wide open, causing me to smile. "Hey."

"No talking." He says.

"What?"

He just ignores me and goes back to lying in bed. He is facing the wall. The room is covered in his rich scent.

I sigh and lie down next to him. What does he mean no talking?

We were silent for a while, all I could hear was the rhythm of our breaths but I can't take it anymore.

"I really am sorry. You have no idea-"

"Amelia, I can't do this right now."

"Um, can I play some music?"

He doesn't say anything.

"I'll take that as a yes."

I grab my phone and connect it to his speakers. I decided to play Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran.

Settle down with me, cover me up, cuddle me in

"Why did you let me in then? If you don't want to talk?"

"Because apparently, despite everything, I'm still not strong enough to stay away from you." He says, sounding resentful.

His answer surprises me. I like that he doesn't want to be away from me but I hate the tone he used. How upset is he right now? I never meant to hurt him. It's been a great week for us and I ruined it. Adam has been nothing but good to me. Liam was right. He would do anything for me, anything to make me happy. I just couldn't see that until now.