Thirty

Eliana's POV 

Harry and I hadn't really spoken much this past week. I was busy with the wedding planning and whenever I did have a free moment, I usually spent it relaxing in my bedroom sleeping or reading a book. 

But today I had a day off and decided I'd go and spend it with Harry and the rest of them. I knew for a fact that Valentina was going to be there and after the lies she spewed to me in the library - at least, I'm sure they were lies - I needed to make sure nothing would happen. 

Not to say I didn't trust Harry, because I did. I just knew the type of woman Valentina was. Sometimes, I was sad for her because it seemed as though she wanted nothing more than to be placed in the same category as the women who spent their days and nights working in the brothels in the village. 

I asked Niall to come find me in my chambers first, he wanted to spend time with me before we went to find the others.

"So you haven't seen Harry in how many days?" he asked as we walked down the hallway.

"About five," I replied, "do you know where they are?"

He nodded, "they're by the big tree with the droopy branches, near the river. Apparently Peter wanted to go for a swim." 

I nodded and we made our way down the castle corridors and out the doors. The willow tree was about a minute walk away from the castle doors but we could see our group as they lounged about on the ground. I could even make out Peter's small body running around the place as Harry chased after him. 

"Did you speak to Valentina, since she told you what she did at the library?" Niall asked me as we walked towards our friends. I shook my head.

"No, but I didn't feel the need to. I shouldn't believe her, I should believe Harry," I said. 

Niall nodded, "alright, but did you talk to Harry after?"

I bit my lip and shook my head slowly.

"No," I mumbled, "it's just that I've been busy, you see. It's difficult for me to find time for these things."

Niall nodded and shrugged, "well, you have time today. You should speak to him."

We were getting closer now, and I looked at everyone as they relaxed under the big tree. The girls were sitting on a small blanket, legs folded under neath the other as they conversed about something or the other. 

What bothered me, however, was seeing Valentina be awfully close to Harry and Peter. 

Harry stood near the banks of the river, watching as Peter ran into the water and jumped around. Valentina stood next to him and tossed her head back as she laughed with Harry. Peter smiled brightly and ran back to Harry, jumping onto him as Harry lifted him up. Valentina walked closer to them both and scruffled the hair on Peter's head. Peter smiled and leaned into Valentina, wrapping his arms around her neck as Harry transferred the child to her arms. 

I felt jealousy flood me quickly. 

Rage and jealousy. Horrible emotions to experience and they leave you feeling worse when you acknowledge them. Yet here I was, allowing these emotions to flood myself completely. 

"Don't do anything stupid," Niall said from beside me.

 I frowned and grumbled, ignoring him and walking over to Valentina and Harry. I heard the conversation between the girls grow quiet as they watched me walk over to them. I tapped Harry on the shoulder and he turned and smiled brightly when he saw it was me. I did notice him step away slightly though.

"Princess!" he cheered, reaching for my hand. I smiled tightly before I looked over at Valentina.

"Should you not be helping my mother?" I asked. I watched as Valentina's smile faded and she glanced at Harry.

"Should you not be here with your family? she retorted. I heard gasps behind me as I felt my eyes grow wide. 

"Excuse me?" I said. Harry stepped towards me and placed his hand on my back.

"Eliana, wait-" he mumbled. I held a hand up to interrupt him.

"You don't get to speak to me that way," I said, "I am the princess. You are nothing but a worker in this castle. I could have you thrown out of here incredibly fast, Valentina, do not forget that."

Peter frowned as he listened to my words and looked at Valentina before he looked back at me.

"Stop being so mean, Ellie," he said. I gasped lightly at his words and watched as Harry took Peter from Valentina and looked at me.

"You're just going to let her speak that way to me?" I asked him, "and what about Peter?"

Harry sighed before setting Peter down and allowing him to run towards Niall who took his hand and began running around the tree with him.

"You barely spoke to me at all these past few days, Eliana," he said, "Valentina was doing nothing more than being some company and in these past few days she's managed to become very comfortable with Peter. You're overreacting."

I looked at him, "are you serious?"

He looked at me, "it's true. You don't have to get so upset. Did you see her throwing herself at me? No. She was just standing here and playing with Peter. You could have done that too but you've been busy all week."

"Planning our wedding!"

"Yes, that's why I'm not blaming you for anything. But to get so angry and upset over something so petty is what's bothering me," he replied. I could see him growing more agitated and I rolled my eyes before I turned on my heels and walked back towards the castle. 

I heard him curse behind me as he ran to catch up with me.

"Eliana, wait," he said. 

"No," I replied, "if you think I'd rather be doing anything else than spending time with you all then fine, I'll go back to the castle and plan this ridiculous wedding."

"Ridiculous?" he asked, walking in front of me and stopping me in my tracks.

"Yes!" I said, "Ridiculous. Because it's ridiculous of me to expect anything from you at this point when you can't even realize that this woman is trying to turn you away from me."

He laughed and shook his head, "you're being delusional. You've been spending all your time helping my mother out and Peter needed some company."

"So you couldn't ask any of the other girls?" I asked. He became angry now.

"Why are you getting so upset?" he shouted, "it's not my fault if you decided to be less involved."

His words caught me by surprise. I had no idea that's what he thought of me but now that I knew, I stepped back in shock.

"You think I'm less involved?" I asked. He said nothing but continued to watch me with a stern expression.

I nodded my head, "fine. Well I'll get out of your hair then."

I didn't wait for him to reply as I headed off past him and back towards the castle. I was incredibly hurt. His argument was absolutely ridiculous and I'm sure he was aware of that as well. But knowing that he didn't even catch himself and try to apologize and instead felt the need to make me seem like the bad guy was what made me the most hurt. 

It's like talking to him didn't even do anything.